Chemistry Forums for Students > Physical Chemistry Forum

Open for Business

(1/5) > >>

gregpawin:
In case anyone was wondering, now is a good time to ask questions.

jdurg:
I think my favorite part of P-Chem was when we were discussing Quantum Mechanics and proved that there is a finite possibility that I could run full speed right into a wall and actually go right through it.  Of course, the probability is so small that there are no words to describe it, but it's not zero.   ;D

gregpawin:
Yeah, that part's pretty cool.  That actually deals with what I'm doing in my research: STM (Scanning Tunneling Microscopy).  So, we actually tunnel through vacuum or sometimes air to view the sub-atomic structures of a surface.

For more information, just reply

jdurg:
Sounds pretty interesting.  I'm trying to decide whether or not I should upload my Mass Spectra for a positive cocaine determination I found while interning at a drug-testing laboratory my senior year of college.  There is no identification about who the specimen came from, but I'm still unsure of the legality.  I think I can post it since it's just a clear-as-day positive Mass Spectrograph of benzoylecgonine.  

gregpawin:
That would be totally cool... it would be nice to get a collection of psychotropic drug spectra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version