March 28, 2024, 04:24:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Balancing Equations  (Read 4372 times)

aek.

Balancing Equations
« on: October 16, 2004, 07:23:27 AM »
I know as soon as you guys read this post, your going to say what an idiot..but guys i really need your help in this matter. I've never been able to grasp this balancing issue..First of all you have to compose it by using decomposition etc etc. Then you have to balance, can anyone help me or supply me with a website..

Thanks Brothers for helping me out

myelver10

Re:Balancing Equations
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 10:16:55 AM »
just make sure you have the same amount of  atoms for each element on either side of the equation by putting numbers in front of compounds where needed

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:Balancing Equations
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »
balancing is a mathematical game. if you find it hard to list all your coefficients in integers, leave it in fraction, then multiply by the lowest common multiple of all the denominators to obtain the required chemical equation. eg.

C5H10 + (10+5)/2 O2 -> 5 CO2 + 5 H2O

the fraction here (only one) is 15/2, hence the lowest common multiple is two, therefore multiply two to all the coefficients to obtain this final equation:

2 C5H10 + 15 O2 -> 10 CO2 + 10 H2O

Hope this helps :D
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links