March 29, 2024, 02:14:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Indigo Dye Determination  (Read 11899 times)

Chiral

Indigo Dye Determination
« on: October 27, 2004, 12:57:50 PM »
Hello, Would anybody tell me how to determine concentration of Indigo dye and sodium hydrogen sulphite in vat dye box for rope dyeing(denim)??By titration.....may be with cyanide soln???would b greatfull....thax

Offline kevins

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-6
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Indigo Dye Determination
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 09:33:31 AM »
Is it possible to use spectrophotometric method to determine the concentration of dye? i.e. set up a calibration curve and compare with the unknown.

for sulphite determination, titration against with standard iodine solution may be possible.

Please try!

Chiral

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:45:26 AM »
For dye dear i want to know some titremetric method i think it would be a redox type titration....can u give me a detailed account on it please??

Please provide with full detail for sulphite determination??

Somebody told me redox titration give both i.e. indigo and sulphite contents(as both are present in a single bath) in a single titration...but i dont know the method..just knowing it is done with k3{Fe(CN)6}...vud anybody help me???

Offline kevins

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-6
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 03:16:14 AM »
I remembered that some workers (sorry I forgot their names) use potentiometric titration method with k3{Fe(CN)6} as titrant to determine the concentration of dye and sulphite in a single run. Some workers use Na2S2O5/NaOH as titrant.
I would like to introduce a company "Metrohm" to you. This company is manufacture auto-titrator and have huge research in titration that apply to industrial and may be you can find out some hints. I think the "Gold ring electrode" form Metrohm, or a redox electrode from other manufacturer such as Orion, is suitable in this titration work. For details, please search www.metrohm.com

That is all information that I can provide to you.

Good luck! :)

Sponsored Links