redox reactions that involves aqueous medium would use H+ and OH- to balance the charges. These ions are always present with water, why not use them to aid the electron transfer process?
dynamic equilibrium is achieved in a chemical system whereby the forward reaction rate equals the backward reaction rate, such that the composition of the system remains unchanged [steady].
solubility equilibrium refers to a specific type of dynamic of equilibrium whereby a substance dissolves in a solvent, eg. water.
figuring out solubility of calcium hydroxide at 60oC
1. dissolve excess calcium hydroxide at 60oC
2. filter the undissolved calcium hydroxide away.
3. heat the solution to 80degrees
4. titrate with appropriate indicator.
(3) is used because solubility increases with temperature. it helps to prevent re-precipitation of calcium hydroxide