April 20, 2024, 08:24:07 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Selecting An Appropriate Research Topic  (Read 4138 times)

Selecting An Appropriate Research Topic
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »
Hello all. I am a junior in college and I am in the process of developing a research proposal for my senior year project. I am kind of confused about where to begin in this process since I have to consider many different parameters(such limitations as my school's very small budget for research and the time span of about a year) before deciding on a project. I am posting this in the Inorganic forum because I am most interested in this area of chemistry, though I am not locked into this. I know that this is a very broad area, but I will have a bit of time to narrow it down to a reasonable project. If you have any suggestions regarding how to start this project or helpful sites related to this, I'd be very grateful. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you again!

Offline Ψ×Ψ

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +8/-4
  • ooh, shiny!
    • carbon-based curiosities
Re: Selecting An Appropriate Research Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »
I'm guessing your project is to be done at your current university?  Check out the research interests of the professors in your department.  (Usually you can find it on the chemistry department website.)  Also, if you have the time, try going to seminars.  Might be a little over your head at first, but very helpful in introducing you to some ongoing research areas.

Sponsored Links