April 26, 2024, 07:12:01 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Grad Student Time Waster Tip #4: LunchTimers' Jigsaw Game  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Grad Student Time Waster Tip #4: LunchTimers' Jigsaw Game
« on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:06 AM »
I've never been one of those stressed out individuals you'll find in life/lab. I guess it's because I've lived in California my whole life and come from a sleepy coastal town in southern California. But, there are a lot of people out there that just need to turn off their brains and vegetate in front of a computer and un-stress from the dreariness and bleakness of lab-life, PIs, coworkers. For those of you I recommend Lunchtimers' multiplayer jigsaw game. See an image and a link to the site below.

The jigsaw puzzle game is completely flash based and has a very nice slick and professional feel to it. You also won't be doing the puzzle alone, but there are usually several other people logged in working on the same puzzle with you. But if you really need to un-stress, you can watch as others do the puzzle; there is something soothingly hypnotic about watching a puzzle come together. Enjoy this game for those that need it or those who just need an other Grad Student Time Waster.

Note1: The picture is suppose to be a panda.
Note2: Carbon-Based Curiosities and Whistling In The Wind added to our "exclusive" blogroll.

Mitch
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:32:51 AM by Mitch »
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: Grad Student Time Waster Tip #4: LunchTimers' Jigsaw Game
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »
This is oddly fun. I thought it would be boring, but it's interesting.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Sponsored Links