April 25, 2024, 04:06:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: question about harmful metal salts  (Read 3603 times)

Offline blu3m4n

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
question about harmful metal salts
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:52:15 AM »
Hi, I figured i'd come here to ask this but I'm studying metal salts and there effect if taken into the lungs, body, etc.

strontium salts, calcium chloride, sodium nitrate, barium salts, copper sulfate, copper chloride, potassium permanganate, magnesium sulfate.

Alot of those are poisonous but i'm curious is there a way to change them from being physically damaging/ fatal to enter the body?

I'd appreciate some thought's about this seeing as how no one has documented this before.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: question about harmful metal salts
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 04:31:10 AM »
Do you mean to convert them to non-harmfull before they enter the body, or after? In the first case - if they are on the form of insoluble salts it will be in most cases enough.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline blu3m4n

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: question about harmful metal salts
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »
Yeah, anything chemically or physically that can change how it can become harmful to the body before entering it. I'm doing research for a class and one example I thought of is.. let's say I had one of the above metal salts on a cigarette and the cigarette user inhales but it would be extremely harmful already, but a way to stop the process of damage before it even enters the lungs.

Sponsored Links