April 28, 2024, 01:55:26 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Analysis of a thioglycollic depilatory lotion  (Read 3298 times)

Offline robyn

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Analysis of a thioglycollic depilatory lotion
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
What do thioglycollate assay, total calcium and free alkalinity results tell me about the hair removal cream?  Have results, but do not know how to interpret them.  Please can someone advise me?

Offline chiralic

• Mole Snacks: +19/-3
  • Test
Re: Analysis of a thioglycollic depilatory lotion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »
Hi Robyn:

The chemical analyses are done with an objective, for example to determine the composition and/or to evaluate the quality of a finished product. In your case, you have the results and you do not know what to do with them? How did you did yours analyses?     

I recommend to you use Google, just only introducing the "key words" from your post you'll get results, here an example from google: http://www.mst.dk/chemi/01082505.htm

Regards,

Chiralic

Offline robyn

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Analysis of a thioglycollic depilatory lotion
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »
Dear Chiralac

Thank you for your reply.  I asked an independent laboratory to test the products for me as I read in Harry's Cosmetology that these are the right tests to perform on depilatory products.  Some of the products are burning people, but the results from batches not burning people give similar results to those burning people.  Would these tests indicate what could be causing the burning?

Regards,

robyn.

Sponsored Links