May 10, 2024, 10:57:23 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Titration vs.pH  (Read 3498 times)

Offline AhmedEzatAlzawalaty

• Mole Snacks: +4/-31
Titration vs.pH
« on: November 19, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »
i know that acid can be assayed or determined by pH determination so that we say it has a pH value of ex. 3 . or it can be titrated against a base, then we define the amount of base that neutralizes the acid and we know the end point too.But i cant convert titration to pH or clearly, i dont see any relationship betwen the two methods yet they determine the same thing> How can i understand this? i mean if you say (i am tall) and i say (i am fat)  when some one asked me and you ( how big are you?) do you get it? fat and tall are not the same measure but they both measure us and they cant be converted to one another.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Titration vs.pH
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 04:26:08 PM »
Look up definition of pH - it is related to concentration of H+. In the case of strong acid concentration of H+ is identical to concentration of acid (strong acid is 100% dissociated). In the case of weak acid situation is more complicated (see calculation of pH of weak acid), but there is a still a relation between pH and acid concentration Thus you may use pH to calculate acid concentration.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links