April 18, 2024, 01:44:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What is your religion?  (Read 139135 times)

Offline floralew

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: What is your religion?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »
nothing~~~so i often feel pessimistic~~~sometime faith gives power

Offline LouieRowe92

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 04:39:15 AM »
I am Christian, more specifically Baptist, but the two churches I attend (mine and my girlfriends) are both rather conservative churches to be Baptist. Grew up Methodist, but moved and found a Baptist Church we enjoyed, been there ever since. Everyone will always have questions about their faith they never completely understand, but I fully believe in my faith towards God.

That being said, I do and will respect others opinions on their faiths. I wish more people would learn about Christianity before dismissing it, but I enjoy talking to people who follow other faiths as well. Often if you can have a respectable conversation and not an argumentative one, its really insightful and amazing how common some religions really are.

Offline Fluoroantimonicacid

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
Since my dad is an atheist,I was raised as an atheist. But I believe there is something like "Illuminati", don't consider the name, I mean there are a bunch of elite and very rich people directing the world,and they cause is founding the new world order. Not decided after seeing some symbols, it should be like this. Think Lady Gaga,she isn't beautiful,she has not got a good voice, she didn't write any songs(Look at the writers of Pokerface etc.) but she is famous! And she has got a lot of fans. How could it be? At this point, I start thinking a secret association behind all these Disney singers etc.

Offline vmelkon

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +28/-10
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 07:41:59 AM »
I use to be christian. Then learned about science and history and other religions. Putting it all together, you can get a pretty good idea of what it is all about : evolution over large periods of time, evolution of technology, evolution of religions, cultures, languages....and the most important, accumulation of information.

I expect all "intelligent" life forms to go through the same steps as humans have.

I also believe that most people need to follow some religion.

Offline JacksonM

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »
new member here. still a chemistry noob so i have nothing to add in that sector yet... but i could throw something in here  8)

i'm of the belief that there is no point in belief. i spent 15 years as a hardcore christian, then the past few years as a hardcore atheist. after this point i had a series of life-altering experiences which kind of opened me up to the idea that i'm just a human being living an insignificant life and i have NO right to declare how the universe was started. i love science and accept spirituality equally but i just don't think it's right for anyone to say they "know." the universe is much too large and complex for us to understand fully. i think it's great that people continue their search for understanding though, as i believe that it's not the answer that matters but what we learn in the process. so, i stand on the fence in saying anything is possible. i don't like labels. life is life and i will keep pondering the possibilities til the day i die  8) knowing is declaring an end to further investigation

but hey that's just my take on the matter

Offline spankythehippo

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »
I'm a nihilist. I never believed in anything. In fact, I see no purpose in anything. In the end, we all die. No matter what you do. You die. That's why I enjoy so many mundane things. Eating? I love it. Watching the clouds? Of course. Taking a s#*$? Hell yeah.

That's my way of thinking. You only live once. Make the most of it.

I hated the idea of religion. Religion is the shackles that chain people to the earth. Religion as a set of morals is perfectly fine. But actually believing in their "stories"? Those stories were made up to exemplify the moral messages.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. In fact, who cares if anyone is offended? Being offended is subjective. So no one should take offence to anything.

Once again, sorry for rambling on. I'm really tired.

Offline vmelkon

• Chemist
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
I'm a nihilist. I never believed in anything. In fact, I see no purpose in anything. In the end, we all die. No matter what you do. You die. That's why I enjoy so many mundane things. Eating? I love it. Watching the clouds? Of course. Taking a s#*$? Hell yeah.

Why do we die? Can a solution be found to that problem? Should we find a solution to that problem?

rhakeson

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 01:55:10 AM »
I am Christian.  I was raised Baptist, but I am considering switching churches because I doin't agree with many things that go on there. 

Same here; I came from Roman Catholic family and recently attending on Christian service. Also I’m planning to change mine not because I don’t like the beliefs; truth is I only found peace on Christians something that I’m longing. ;)

Offline Silppuri

• Mole Snacks: +3/-1
  • Laboratorian
    • Symbiosis
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:24 AM »
I'm a class 6 atheist in the Dawkins' spectrum of theistic probability.
I believe that the world, the living things and actually the whole universe are formed in a process which requires no divine intervention.
If you add 1,00 litres of ethanol to 1,00 litres of water, you get 1,92 litres of solution.

Offline Caustikola

• Mole Snacks: +4/-9
    • Chemistry:The Central Science
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:35 AM »
Atheism is the most foolish belif!
I'm not going logical , you are a proof that God exists.
Have you ever dreamt? Where were you when you dreamt? God is up there and He cares for you

any atheist has a reason ..not Just to beiieve a GOD dosent exist but also to imagine there's no being cöntrolling his life
the bible is true. Heaven exists and so does hell. Well, since its obvious there's no sense in  agnostism
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:11:06 AM by Arkcon »
Nothing gets higher than where God dwells. If there is an upper limit to the universe,call it the abode of God

Offline Caustikola

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 02:43:16 AM »
Borek
Suppose we all die and see for ourselves that God, heaven and hell truly exist,..and that a GOD actualy set the rules for our lives on earth..and he'l punish offenders in hell as is written in the bible...what would you do?
You dont believe God exists simply because you cant prove. That is simply risky because if HE exists, you're done for
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:00:32 PM by Arkcon »
Nothing gets higher than where God dwells. If there is an upper limit to the universe,call it the abode of God

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:09 AM »

I am not insulting you just because you believe in God.

That is simply risky because if HE exists, you're done for

I am taking the risk.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:00:49 PM by Arkcon »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Caustikola

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:49 AM »
I dont mean to offend when i say atheism is foolish...
I was expressing God's opinion in the bible  
'the fool says there is no God'
Its obvious much learning has made you oblivious of certain things....but the truth remains that a good God exists.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:00:52 PM by Arkcon »

Offline Caustikola

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 04:50:46 AM »
On a milder tone...God may not be visible to the eye... But his acts are real
 Scientists when trying to disprove his existence end up proving it!
 Have they not discovered that there was a time in history that the 'sun stood still' or better put..the earth stopped rotating as it was recorded in the bible.
 Of course you know that hell has been discovered ...described as a region 10 times hotter than estimated! According to the reports they could hear cries of human beings that seemed to be in torture when they lowered their microphone.
Even the new Jerusalem as the bible stated has  been proven to exist by scientists described correctly as a city  just as the bible stated.

I'd like you to know that proofs abound of God's existence and many people know this...its only unfortunate that only few know how to worship him
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:12:45 AM by Arkcon »

Offline vmelkon

• Chemist
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:50 AM »
I'm not going logical , you are a proof that God exists.
Have you ever dreamt? Where were you when you dreamt? God is up there and He cares for you

any atheist has a reason ..not Just to beiieve a GOD dosent exist but also to imagine there's no being cöntrolling his life
the bible is true. Heaven exists and so does hell. Well, since its obvious there's no sense in  agnostism

I think that animals dream as well. From my observations of my own cat, I'd say at certain times, he does dream. It is a function of the mind and the mind isn't understood well.

I get the impression that if something is not understood, all cultures attribute it to magic : for example, according to the jewish religion, God created the rainbow as a symbol of peace.
Example 2 : a baby is a miracle.
Example 3 : you get sick because some deity is punishing you
Example 4 : the sun is made of gold
Example 5 : platinum is just gold that is not yet ripe
Example 6 : the electron is a particle (later, it was found that it behaves as a wave and so do atoms)

(well ok, not all those example have to do with magic. I was just showing that information changes over time as my 2nd point)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:12:25 AM by Arkcon »

Sponsored Links