April 29, 2024, 06:40:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical Assay of mercury, Silver , copper and its salts  (Read 4337 times)

Offline amarnath

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemical Assay of mercury, Silver , copper and its salts
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
Hi all,

I am looking to find chemcial assay procedure of mercury though i tried to google it and at moment i dont have any other resource like library or reference materials to check it out . so any one here can pls help me with step by step procedure for assay of mercury , silver and copper. I need procedure exactly for determination of % of purity of above mentioned metals.

Offline elmyhalily13

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Chemical Assay of mercury, Silver , copper and its salts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:34:06 AM »
In my lab i've been using mercury analyzer to determine the existence of mecury. Normally for the gas samples, gas is flowed through gold tube where mercury is trapped into it. The gold tube is placed onto the analyzer. Theprocess involves heating and atomization. Then using CV-AAS to detect the mercury content. The equipment can detect up to ppm level.

Offline mdlhvn

• Mole Snacks: +5/-2
Re: Chemical Assay of mercury, Silver , copper and its salts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »
Yeah! Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) can be applied to analyze the concentration of most metals . This method can detect up to ppb level dependent on the metal. Each metal need a specific procedure and you can find it in AAS books or standard methods.

Let I find, if I have one, I will share

Sponsored Links