April 29, 2024, 10:24:06 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: General question about Analytical Chemistry!! And Hello.  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Berettagtz

• Mole Snacks: +1/-2
General question about Analytical Chemistry!! And Hello.
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:49:18 AM »
Hi, this is my first time coming to this forum, and so far I am pleasantly surprised. 
Since the next semester is around the corner, I wanted to get a head start with my Analytical chem class.  The class is called Quantitative analysis, and my question is:  What topics are generally covered in this class ? 
Thanks in advance!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: General question about Analytical Chemistry!! And Hello.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:52:20 AM »
You have to ask for syllabus. While you may expect some information about classical (titration/mass) analysis methods, you can also see some instrumental analysis - and ratio/details/emphasis depend on the school & professor.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Berettagtz

• Mole Snacks: +1/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:52:19 AM »
The syllabus is not up yet, and probably won't be up til' the first week of school.  So I thought some of you guys have had the same class somewhere before and wanted to see what general topics are covered in this particular class so I can start ahead with readings and studying. 

thanks in advance!

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 12:55:29 AM »
It really depends on the professor and the school. The school for the budget and equipment and chemicals available is a major factor. And the professor in what they feel is safe and a good learning experience for the class.

Sponsored Links