April 27, 2024, 08:09:03 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: God Please someone help :( I will really be thankful!  (Read 3142 times)

Offline ogoa

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
God Please someone help :( I will really be thankful!
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:36 AM »
I have few questions for my final and its a take home please someone *delete me*

1) Sort in list strongest to weakest; covalent, hydrogen, dipole, intermolecular, ionic.

2) Water molecule and ammonia molecule, which one has hydrogen and which one has dipole bonding explain why.

3) Contrast water and oil as to which one has dipole bonding forces and which one has intermolecular , bonding forces. Explain using shapes and definition.

4) compare salt crystal and iodine molecule as to which one has loudon forces and which one has ionic forces and why?

Thanks,

Dominick
Sorry if i had mistakes in spelling, i am in hurry.

Offline mafiaparty303

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: God Please someone help :( I will really be thankful!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 04:18:17 AM »
I dont know about the rest of them but both Ammonia and water has hydrogen, NH3 and H2O, and i have no clue what a dipolic bond is..sorry
www.lafamillemasse.com/pierre/smart_people.htm
Join the Smart People for a better future!
-Founded by Pierre Masse

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
First:  Please read the Forum Rules before posting.  They explicitly state you should not list homework questions and expect an answer.  Instead, you should post the questions along with your attempts at answering the questions so we can point you toward the solution.

Second:  Are you allowed to ask for help on your take home final?  Academic dishonesty is taken very seriously at most schools.

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »
Everything you asked can be answered by reading, analyzing, thinking about and understanding the following (well, it does not cover the structure question part, but that should be very easy if you understand this material and know the structures):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermolecular_force
At a high school level, ignore everything below and including the quantum mechanics section.

This information is also in your book, and is very important in understanding chemistry.

Sponsored Links