April 26, 2024, 10:02:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Lithium Iodide Pacemaker Battery  (Read 5212 times)

Offline LauraScott

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Lithium Iodide Pacemaker Battery
« on: January 16, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the half reactions are in a lithium iodide battery (the kind found in pacemakers)?
Am I right that the electrodes of the cell are platinum and the electrolyte is aqueous lithium iodide?
Thanks in advance.

Offline DevaDevil

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +55/-9
  • postdoc at ANL
Re: Lithium Iodide Pacemaker Battery
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
The electrolyte is Lithium Iodide (NOT aqueous), it's a solid-state cell, with iodide as cathode (with a charge transfer complex, as a vinyl-pyridine-iodide) and a lithium compound as anode. This Li-compound can be a transition metal complex (with Pt or whatever) or solid Li.

For complete specifications, just google Patent Lithium Iodide Battery

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »
Google actually has a patent search engine. It's in beta though, but the link is below. That way you won't get websites with the patent, but just the patent (theoretically).

http://www.google.com/ptshp?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wt&q=

Note: Sorry DevaDevil if that's what you were referring too. To me it looks like you suggest just entering "Patent Lithium Iodide Battery" into regular google which would still work.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline DevaDevil

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +55/-9
  • postdoc at ANL
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »
no I was just entering that; if I look for patents I use the database here at work (Government Ntl. Lab.) Didn't even know that option was available at google, thx

Sponsored Links