April 26, 2024, 11:30:32 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Article in analytical Chemistry: U.S. Chemists = Immigrants  (Read 5916 times)

Offline chiralic

• Mole Snacks: +19/-3
  • Test
Article in analytical Chemistry: U.S. Chemists = Immigrants
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
Hello everyone:

I attached a Editorial of Analytical Chemistry (December 1, 2006), It free to download...

It's a amazing article of the important of Immigrants(chemist) in US

Chiralic

Offline chiralic

• Mole Snacks: +19/-3
  • Test
Re: Article in analytical Chemistry: U.S. Chemists = Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:51:14 PM »
 ???

I don't know why upload the artcile, but here the link to donwload:

http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/ancham/78/i23/pdf/1206editorial.pdf

Sorry

Chiralic

Offline FeLiXe

• Theoretical Biochemist
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-7
  • Excited?
    • Chemical Quantum Images
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:46:26 AM »
I just read in a news paper article that Austria is worried because too many scientists leave the country. I hope you guys are happy with them :-)
Math and alcohol don't mix, so... please, don't drink and derive!

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 04:41:17 PM »
the article had a more personal effect than i thought it would have.  As a hispanic immigrant i understand the struggles that I will be faced with in seeking the education in the sciences.  The fact that i will barely have a selection of scholarships to apply to, and that i will probably have to move away from my parents because in-state universities charge out-state tuition to immigrants making a favorable conditions from universities like cooper union (very far from where i currently live) which offer full scholarship and which compared with the cost of tuition minus living expenses and the costs of living expenses minus tuition, it becomes a very competitive choice.

(the reason on the hardship from moving away from my parents is that i used to work to supply financial funds my family needs now in order to pay the very expensive property taxes on the house we live in (two and three times higher then someone with a house of similar worth to ours).  i will have to search for more work to supply financial needs that i require for university since they (my parents) cannot afford that burden).

in short, life is gonna suck for me in university, and i will have to become some sort of multitasking god if i want to major in materials engineering. :(

but hey i have been accepted to U of Portland, and FIU, still waiting on WPI, Rensselaer, Illinois tech, Cooper Union, Rochester and MIT
currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Sponsored Links