April 27, 2024, 12:21:15 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introducing a scientific child prodigy  (Read 15559 times)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Introducing a scientific child prodigy
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »
It is a way of rewarding others - if you find someone's post valuable you may give scooby snack, if you find it inappropriate in any way - you may take scoobie snack.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Jokerine

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 05:32:09 PM »
i don't know? I think it would be hard as a kid in chemistry lab, I can't even reach up as high as is necessary a lot of the time. And how many people would take him seriously? I have found that kids understand a lot more than we sometimes think, but social development takes time that would not be available at a university.

Offline Valentine Cawley

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 09:14:48 PM »
Thanks Jokerine for your thought.

Taking Ainan seriously is easy: you just have to listen to what he is saying. Indeed, he presents anyone who meets him with a curious duality: his appearance is that of a young boy, but when he speaks the meaning of his words is that of an adult scientist thinking creatively with rather more imagination and flexibility than is usual in an adult.

Once you get past his childish appearance, you can see an "adult" mind within, in terms of his scientific thinking. I am used to it - but this dichotomy of appearance and mind comes as a surprise to anyone who speaks with him for the first time. Recently, his new Principal called me very excitedly after her first conversation with my "amazing son", as she referred to him.

So, if I can find an environment for him where people judge each other on the merit of their thoughts, rather than their appearance, he will be fine. The only question is: is there such a place?

Offline Valentine Cawley

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »
Thanks Borek for explaining the scooby snacks system.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links