April 29, 2024, 05:09:45 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: bioethanol international chemistry assignment  (Read 2964 times)

Offline rc0614

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
bioethanol international chemistry assignment
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »
Hi, I'm a grade 12 student taking Chemistry this semester, and I had a quick question about an assignment I had. We are doing an assignment on "Bioethanol International":

"You are an employee of Bioethanol International, a company that manufactures bioethanol fuel. You are part of the advertisement department and your boss has just outlined your latest assignment. You have been asked to choose one of the company's products and design a fact sheet on it. Be sure to state any sources that you have by including a "works cited" section with your final report."

I have to include the name of product, source of product, how the product is manufactured, specific technologies used in the product's manufacturing, the benefit to society of this product, environmental risks such as manufacturing, process, disposal and any risks involved in the use of this product.

My question is this: Do I write on bioethanol itself as the product or a product that uses ethanol? Such as direct ethanol fuel cells? Are there any other different uses for bioethanol other than gas? I'm just a little confused and so is everyone else probably in my chem class. Sorry if I seem stupid about this, but anyone who can help, much appreciated   ;D

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: bioethanol international chemistry assignment
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
You can write on Bioethanol its self. Or your fictitious company could make engines or fuel injectors or such that run on bioethanol.
Or your factious company make storage units for bioethanol, handle transportation, perhaps your company makes equipment that harvest the corn (or whatever product you chose) to turn into bioethanol. Perhaps the company makes a modified crop for more efficent usage, or a special fertilizer to improve bioethanol yield, etc etc. Or the things you mentioned. If you have any doubts, ask your teacher.

Sponsored Links