April 19, 2024, 12:04:39 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: volative question  (Read 5493 times)

integral0

volative question
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:35:40 AM »
Each of the pictures (a) - (d) represents one of the following substances at 25 degrees Celsius: potassium, fluorine, potassium fluoride, and iodine.

Which picture corresponds to iodine?

***The pictures I can't draw .. . but i know of the four  .. . Iodine was probably one of the volatile looking ones . . . there were two pictures of volative compounds ..  . one was barely floating another was floating a lot (the compounds that is).  At 25 degrees or 298 k . .. is fluorine more volatile than Iodine or vice versa?  How would you know?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:  I'm going to be posting a bunch of exam questions I didn't get on the exam the other day. . . these are not hw problems, and I don't know how to do them!

mortarhate

Re:volative question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 12:24:04 PM »
I thought you were suppose to keep all your questions to one post instead of taking up the whole section?

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:volative question
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 01:56:31 PM »
Well, at that temperature fluorine is a gas.  Potassium and potassium fluoride are both solids, and iodine is a solid which sublimates into a purple vapor.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Sponsored Links