April 25, 2024, 12:33:53 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: calculating chemicals  (Read 13645 times)

Offline Sam (NG)

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +12/-3
  • Surface Modification
Re: calculating chemicals
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »
mili equivalent,when you add these slats together you will expect this EC2.2

miliequivalent i get now, i've never come across EC?  Think i've gotten in over my depth, need rescuing by Borek.

Offline hooman53

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »
it is possibe to use chealate ca or different source of ca ca(no3)2,EC means electerical conductivity

Offline hooman53

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »
sam forget about Ec i guess if we add these salts toghether we expect this EC
but as a different source for P we can use ammunium phosphate

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »
Check if CASC (concentration calculator, see my signature) won't be hepfull, it was designed to facilitate solution preparation.

Just remember you will be not able to save your solution in unregistered version, and you will have to enter most substances names and formulas by hand, as registered version has much larger database.

Still, unregistered version will automatically calculate all molar masses and will calculate all masses of all solids needed, once all formulas, concentrations and final volume are entered.

Trick is, in the case of trace substances, amounts are so small they can't be easily weighted. Proper way of preparatoin is to prepare some not so diluted solution (like 0.01M or 0.001M) and use correct volume (say 100 ?L) measuring it with micropipette. Or prepare more diluted solution (by diluting one listed above) - say 0.0001M - so that you can measure volume with 10mL pipette or something like that. These intermediate solutions can be (in full version of CASC) added to database as substance source.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links