April 26, 2024, 07:14:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Do not troll in this forum  (Read 9046 times)

Offline El Salvador

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-7
Do not troll in this forum
« on: May 30, 2007, 05:59:07 PM »
I have an M.D. at Sloan and Kettering University, and I am disheartened to say that this post is simply ridiculous. It actually insults modern chemistry as a whole. If you are going to make posts, make them articulate because we cannot read your feeble mind. Also, it would be beneficial to the public if you could use your own common sense before asking any questions - for example, your first question asks for how many ions are formed in solution when MgCl2 dissolves. OBVIOUSLY, THE NUMBER OF IONS CANNOT BE CALCULATED WITHOUT A GIVEN NUMBER OF MOLES OR GRAMS.
enjoy your ice cream, sad man.

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: Do not troll in this forum
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
I have an M.D. at Sloan and Kettering University, and I am disheartened to say that this post is simply ridiculous. It actually insults modern chemistry as a whole. If you are going to make posts, make them articulate because we cannot read your feeble mind. Also, it would be beneficial to the public if you could use your own common sense before asking any questions - for example, your first question asks for how many ions are formed in solution when MgCl2 dissolves. OBVIOUSLY, THE NUMBER OF IONS CANNOT BE CALCULATED WITHOUT A GIVEN NUMBER OF MOLES OR GRAMS.
enjoy your ice cream, sad man.

Your post is an insult to chemistry. This is a high school chemistry forum, things you might find obvious other people are just learning. His post was written well enough.

Also, your the number of ions cannot be calculated without a given number of moles or grams is wrong. Well, maybe for a exact analytical number it is correct, but it is perfectly reasonable to ask the question based off of a relative portion number (which this question probably was) as that leads towards learning of certain concepts.

Moneyman, I know it looks like a lot of reading of those two sites, but they really do cover all your questions in great detail. The colligative properties one; you really should take the time to read them. Even if you do not need all that information or understand it all. The most important thing you can learn in school is not what you learn, it is how to learn. School is nothing more then developing the skills of taking in knowledge and understanding it. I encourage you to take the time to read all that relevant stuff on the two sites I posted (and really, you will be done a lot quicker then you think by looking at it).

Offline El Salvador

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-7
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:41 PM »
I apologize for sounding at all churlish.

However, I do have two kids of my own, both in elementary school, and I must say that they possess much more common sense and basic chemical knowledge than this high school low-life. This site is for chemists, not for some good-for-nothing dweebster who is just looking for some fast route to answering the questions his teacher gave him for his lab report. Moneyman, I urge you to reconsider some of the things you are posting before you make everybody around you miserable reading your inadequately informed lab questions. As for others who disagree with me, I believe that this is simply a confrontation between me and moneyman, and you can just pay attention to your own business. That is, if you have any other business other than reading some idiot high schooler's lab questions and searching on google for the answers. Enjoy your ice cream, sad men.

Offline moneyman

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »
I apologize for sounding at all churlish.

However, I do have two kids of my own, both in elementary school, and I must say that they possess much more common sense and basic chemical knowledge than this high school low-life. This site is for chemists, not for some good-for-nothing dweebster who is just looking for some fast route to answering the questions his teacher gave him for his lab report. Moneyman, I urge you to reconsider some of the things you are posting before you make everybody around you miserable reading your inadequately informed lab questions. As for others who disagree with me, I believe that this is simply a confrontation between me and moneyman, and you can just pay attention to your own business. That is, if you have any other business other than reading some idiot high schooler's lab questions and searching on google for the answers. Enjoy your ice cream, sad men.

I'm sorry you feel that way El Salvador, but some of these topics I truly cannot grasp the content of, and I am sorry to those who tried to help me if you think that I am just looking for an easy way out. To be honest, I did not know where else to look for help, and I felt that this forum had a nice and warm enough community for me to try. Again, thanks for the advice. I'm about to read all these pages that have been posted.

Offline Jonathan Dipset

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »
I see that you are in a terrible quandary, little money man. But before I address your petty concern, I must address the posts of a notorious infidel commonly referred to as "El Salvador". This "El Salvador" infidel is a professor in the university that I attend. He is one of the most condescending, pretentious people that I have ever met. His lectures are 6 hours long and are incredibly terrible. Whenever one of the students in my class ask a question, he does not answer us. He just looks at them with this obsequious stare. Then, he says, "Who are you? A lowly little stupid student. And who am I? A smart, brilliant, intelligent, high paid teacher. What gives you the right to interrupt my incredible, ground-breaking lecture? Sit back in your stupid seat, you little idiot!".

I suggest that you please disregard anything this person says in this forum. He is not a human being. He is some idiotic animal who has no regard or virtue for any little idiot with a problem, like the little money man.

Dipset.

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:21:40 AM »
El Savador and Jonathan:

We know you are the same person.

Do not troll in future. You have been warned.

Your post is an insult to chemistry. This is a high school chemistry forum, things you might find obvious other people are just learning. His post was written well enough.

Enahs: Thank you for defending the Chemical Forums.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links