April 28, 2024, 04:39:43 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Several Chem ?s... Thanks!  (Read 2613 times)

Offline bobby3788

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Several Chem ?s... Thanks!
« on: May 27, 2007, 08:24:54 AM »
Having trouble with the following questions....
help with any of the questions would be greatly appreciated!

1. When HgO is heated, it decomposes into elemental mercury and molecular oxygen. If 60.0 g of Hg is obtained from 81.6 g of the oxide, what is the percent yield of the reaction.

Formula says actual/ theoretical but I cant figure it out!

2. Acrylonitrile is an important building block for synthetic fibers and plastics. Over 1.4 billion kilograms of acrylonitrile are produced in the United States each year. The compound is synthesized from propene (C3H6) in the following reaction:
2C3H6(g) + 2NH3(g) + 3O2(g) 2C3H3N(l) + 6H2O(g)

Determine how many kg of acrylonitrile can be prepared from 1420 kg of propene, 743 kg of ammonia, and 3480 kg of oxygen.

3. The element titanium is commonly found as the ore ilmenite, FeTiO3. Much of the world reserves of titanium is found in Canada. At a particular mine, a sample of earth was found to contain 15 % ilmenite by mass. What mass (in metric tons) of pure titanium metal can be isolated from 1220 metric tons of earth, if the extraction process is 95 % efficient?

4. Sodium metal reacts vigorously with chlorine gas to form solid white sodium chloride. A container contains 10 sodium atoms and 3 chlorine molecules. How many of each of the reactants remain after reaction occurs? Enter the number only (no units).

Sodium atoms:

Chlorine Molecules:

5. If 75.5 mL of a 0.750 M solution of lead(II) nitrate solution is mixed with 125 mL of 0.855 M ammonium chloride, what mass, in grams,  of solid forms?

THANKS FOR THE *delete me*

Sponsored Links