April 19, 2024, 06:39:52 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Christmas  (Read 8823 times)

Corvettaholic

Christmas
« on: December 27, 2004, 12:05:22 PM »
So what did everyone get for Christmas? A million bucks? Coal?

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 03:31:29 PM »
Pretty much nothing.   :(  I got a Sony DSC-P73 digital camera, but I wound up having to spend 130 bucks to get an AC Adapter and a memory stick that can hold more than one picture.  I then got some Seinfeld DVDs, a couple t-shirts, a pair of gloves, and a wool hat.  That was it.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Corvettaholic

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 04:05:54 PM »
I got a couple shirts, some cologne, and an AK-47. I'm fairly happy with the latter! Just need to get some ammo.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 06:07:36 PM »
 i got a creative muvo2 FM 5GB mp3 player..

I want a M16 for a present.. with plenty of 5.56mm rounds..
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Corvettaholic

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 12:57:00 AM »
M16's are okay I suppose, but they jam easily! I found a legal way for me to own a rocket launcher (and use) in the state of Arizona! I love this lawless state!

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 01:03:50 AM »
I got a nice executice leather revolving chair for my PC, which is a great improvement over its predeccessor, an almost brokan plastic deck chair :P

A new hard drive, money, just general good stuff really :)

Talking of heavy weapons, I have been looking into grenade launchers myself recently, and thinking of buying and retrofitting a CO2 powered repeating rifle with an improvised M203 style undermounted grenade launcher 8)
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Corvettaholic

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 11:06:45 AM »
As much as I love improvised anything (experimentation IS fun), I would like to have a real M203. I can legally do it too, with enough money. There's the trick though. With half that money, I could just build my own. I think we toyed with the idea of electromagnetics, but that would be too much weight to launch a grenade. Better off using gas operated.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 02:32:55 PM »
I just got a HORRIBLE gift from the Tax Collector of my town.   >:(  A $300 property tax bill on my car.  They've had an entire f&#^$*@ year to send me this bill, but no.  The douche-bags wait until the final week of the year, just after Christmas when I have ZERO dollars with which to pay the bill for.  Even worse, because of the timing I won't be able to claim it on my tax return for next year since I don't have the money to pay it off until next week.  Merry f&#^$*@ Christmas.   >:(
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Corvettaholic

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »
You get property tax on your car? Wow. You should move out west, and the weather is nicer! What part of PA are you from anyway? I was visiting Philly and Hatborough for a little bit 2 years ago, really pretty out there!

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 12:39:25 AM »
You get property tax on your car? Wow. You should move out west, and the weather is nicer! What part of PA are you from anyway? I was visiting Philly and Hatborough for a little bit 2 years ago, really pretty out there!

I'm not from PA.  I only went to school there in West Chester which is in the Southeastern corner of the state.  I currently reside in Southeastern, CT.

Corvettaholic

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 10:50:05 AM »
Doh! I knew that! Cause I looked at the member map a ways back. No idea why I said PA... heh.

Sponsored Links