April 25, 2024, 01:40:28 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Possible project ideas  (Read 3956 times)

beanz2u

Possible project ideas
« on: January 04, 2005, 10:13:16 AM »
I need to think of a project to do. It would be to A-Level standard. I have been given a list of "possible" projects: http://www.york.ac.uk/org/seg/salters/chemistry/ResourceSheets/rsindex.html but they all seem quite boring. A possible more interesting one could be to investigate reactions in which the product created is the catalyst so it speeds up. I would appreiciate some people ideas of something that could be relativly interesting (as it will last approx. 4 weeks) and will be sufficiently complex. Note that I do not want you to do it for me I just ideas of something that I could do.

Thanks in advance.

Offline kevins

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-6
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Possible project ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:54:18 AM »
some of the topics are quite good.
e.g Investigating the analytical techniques for the detection of copper ions,
This investigation can give you more training different kinds of technique and let you know which technique is better, which is cheaper, which is expensive, which is faster, which is time consuming,which is accurate.

e.g. Investigating the effect of fluoride ions on the reaction of calcium carbonate with acid,
This is the investiagtion topic for the industrical desulpurization using limestone process and you know the impurity in limestone such as Al, Fe, trace metals, chloride etc..can affect the reaction.
Please consider. :)

Sponsored Links