April 29, 2024, 06:39:00 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need help in my assignement:Removal of nitrate ions from waste water using Urea  (Read 5300 times)

Offline farrukh_as

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
hi, i've been surfing/searching online since yesterday morning but i still didnt find any website with step by step process of removing nitrate ions from wastewater using urea.. can anyone please post back the way to remove/extract nitrate ions from wastewater using urea in wastewater treatment.. i know i am asking something really obvious and people asked this on forums before but non of those threads have an answer for my question ... this is my last chance to get the credit. can anyone please post a solution as soon as possible.. that will really be appriciated!!!!!!  thx
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:40:15 PM by farrukh_as »

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
You can remowe nitrite (nitrate(III) ) ions using urea
NO2- when warming with urea H2NCONH2 in acidic condition reacts as follows:
2HNO2 + CH4N2O = 2N2 + CO2 + 3H2O

You cannot remowe nitrate(V) in this way
AWK

Offline farrukh_as

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
i found on some source that :
              urea + NaNO3(which exist in water) + HCl  ---> urea.HNO3 + NaCl.... some thing like that.. and then urea.HNO3 precipitates and then we filter that after filtering that we break it some how.. i am looking for that somehow process which gives me nitrate ions.. you know what i mean sir?

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
i found on some source that :
              urea + NaNO3(which exist in water) + HCl  ---> urea.HNO3 + NaCl.... some thing like that.. and then urea.HNO3 precipitates and then we filter that after filtering that we break it some how.. i am looking for that somehow process which gives me nitrate ions.. you know what i mean sir?
Urea nitrate is poorly soluble only in nitric acid.
The lowest solubililty in water shows guanidinium nitrate, but this is still unsufficient for practical removing nitrate(V) from water solution
AWK

Sponsored Links