April 28, 2024, 03:13:18 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What causes the oxidation of Fe+2 to Fe+3? What's so special about KMnO4?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Daimorte

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Yes, those are my two questions, and I have another one for you, where could I find more information on the H2O2?

Oh, on a side note, it's my first post here so, wohoo for me. And pardon my English, I still have problems with the more...complicated words like oxidation (if it's really how is it supposed to be spelled).

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Yes, those are my two questions, and I have another one for you, where could I find more information on the H2O2?

Your questions are so vague they are next to impossible to answer. Every oxidizing agent with high enough potential will oxidize Fe2+/Fe3+.

In what context do you expect KMnO4 to be so special?

As for the H2O2 - library first, wiki/google second, ask on forums third!
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Daimorte

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
1) Ok, should thank you.
2) Why is it used in so many proove that....reactions, I bet I've seen a lot more of it than any other compound.
3) My library sadly doesn't have anything helpful, but didn't think about wiki though.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Wiki, and MSDS.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links