April 27, 2024, 02:50:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Superoxides Superoxide Dismutase and other antioxidants  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Mrache11

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Superoxides Superoxide Dismutase and other antioxidants
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:32:09 PM »
I have a 7 page research/opinion and exploration paper (weird,I know!) and I have to write it on the relation between naturally occurring superoxides in the body as well as those caused by UV rays and other goodies, and their relationship with the antioxidants in foods, supplements, and those produced by the body (SOD) and i don't have a problem with that part; but i desperately need online resources to give chemical/professional proof to back up my claims. I have hit dead end after dead end in my search. All of my research for antioxidants just take me to whack herbal supplements shops online, and all of my superoxide research just takes me to yeast cultures and all sorts of unrelated oxidation papers. If anyone knows of any resources that I can use i would greatly appreciate it. Even just an essay would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

-Ryan Mrache

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
Re: Superoxides Superoxide Dismutase and other antioxidants
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »
Searching for info about oxidative stress may provide better search results.  If you have access to scientific journals and enough basic knowledge to read them, I would suggest that (and searching on www.pubmed.gov).

Also, be aware that you may be better off finding resources in print rather than resources online, especially if you need professional evidence.  You may be able to find your answers much more quickly and reliably in a biochemistry text book or a publication such as Scientific American, than you would on the internet.

Sponsored Links