April 20, 2024, 03:30:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Haber The Film  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Haber The Film
« on: January 18, 2005, 04:46:33 AM »
http://www.haberfilm.org/index.html

Check out the abovementioned link. Believe it or not, the chemist behind ammonia also fathered modern chemical weapons. The sypnosis has a pretty apt description of his life thou - his wife committed suicide in protest of his research into chemical weapons. I think it would still make a great movie, and remind people that chemists too are not less significant than physicists. Physicists make nulcear bombs. Chemists make VX gas shells.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re:Haber The Film
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 01:47:31 PM »
It was a Chemist who made Plutonium in the first place. And it was a Chemist who developed the methods to obtain the correct isotopes of Plutonium and Uranium for fission. He was given his own element for his service, 106.

Those are some old looking bowler hats. I thought I would never be able to use bowler in a sentence.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 01:48:31 PM by Mitch »
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:Haber The Film
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 03:26:38 PM »
cool. haha. weapons of mass destruction kills. it's scary that how they render places unhabitable for many years after that.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links