March 29, 2024, 03:26:23 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: prices for chemicals  (Read 7172 times)

Offline rako0002

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
prices for chemicals
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:10:04 PM »
Hey guys
   Where do I get industrial quotes, prices, forecast and demands for chemical substances...namely propylene, and allyl chloride
   I'm having a hard time find them online ar in books.

Thanks

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: prices for chemicals
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 04:23:25 AM »
Once you find a company online who supplies the chemical you want, you contact them by phone, e-mail or fax and ask them for quotes for the quantities you require. For industrial quotes - it depends on how much you want to buy before they will give you a quote or pass you on to a smaller distributor. i.e. if you want 2000kg of solvent, then the manufacturers may give you a quote direct or pass you onto a main disty..  if you want a 200 kg barrel, then they will send you to a disty or one of their smaller dealers.

In short - ring them up and ask them.

Regards.
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline rako0002

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:29:06 AM »
Thanks

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
You might be able to find the spot and futures contract of the prices on a commodity exchange. I usually use Datastream to find live/historical prices for chemical commodities. Datastream connects itself to several commodity exchange in the world and gives you the price and also convert the prices to your required currency units.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links