April 18, 2024, 04:11:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Heterocyclic chemistry  (Read 4825 times)

Offline swati

• Mole Snacks: +10/-3
Heterocyclic chemistry
« on: October 02, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »
 :) Hello everyone

Please tell me a good site to know about heterocyclic chemistry

Offline russellm72

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +10/-7
Re: Heterocyclic chemistry
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:57:32 AM »
What kind of vague question is that?

Have you heard of an internet search engine or perhaps a library?

What kind of level do you need to know? Are you an undergraduate, postgraduate, pharmaceutical industry etc...

There are loads of books out there but how can one possibily recommend one without knowing what you intend to get from it!

R.

Offline swati

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:40:45 AM »
Have you heard of an internet search engine or perhaps a library?
Yes, I heard of an internet search engine . ut if I am asking for something here it means that I am unable to get it anywhere else and that's why I am asking for help.

Secondly , if you haven't read my question properly the please read it again. I am asking about good sites and not books. I know a book is a very good place to find something, but i am unable to search through them at this very moment, so didn't asked for them. ut if want to tell about some good books then please go ahead.This information will be of great use for me as well as others.

What kind of level do you need to know? Are you an undergraduate, postgraduate, pharmaceutical industry etc...
I am sorry. I agree that this was my mistake.

I need to know about synthesis and reactions of heterocyclic compounds 3,4,5 and 6 membered rings with 1 or more hetero atoms.
In 3-membered : Azirine, Aziridine
In 4-membered : Azetidine
In 5-membered : Pyrrole, furan, thiophene
In 6-membered : Pyrimidine,
and many more
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:13:25 PM by swati »

Offline Custos

• Mole Snacks: +32/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »
I'm not sure about web sites but Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry (Katritzky and Scriven, Eds) is organised in the way you describe and is, well, comprehensive in it's treatment of the subject. The current edition is 11 volumes and should be in anyworthwhile chemistry library.  ;)

Offline russellm72

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +10/-7
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:03:35 AM »
Yes you won't get much good information from websites. You have to look in books. I can't think of one of hand but you could look in second hand book shops etc (online also). If you can go to a Uni bookshop or something you may be able to browse through some books and see if the chapters suit your needs. Most big bookshops should have a science section but books may be limited. Probably better if you can going to a Uni bookshop.

Good Luck

R.

Offline swati

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »
I was looking for a website for that moment only because I wanted to see something urgently & at that time I could not go to any library or book shop.
As far as books are concerned, another good book is by R.M. Acheson

Sponsored Links