May 01, 2024, 01:05:12 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: High School Organic Chemistry Project  (Read 5514 times)

Offline phallpdx

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
High School Organic Chemistry Project
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:18:45 AM »
I have an organic chemistry project in which I have to get 200 compounds with molecular formulas and structural formulas (line diagrams) I have had some trouble with a couple diagrams/molecular formulas, and need some help.

Does anyone know:
PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone?
PEG-150 Distearate?
Polyquaternium-7?
Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine?
Yellow 5?
if at all possible I would like both molecular formulas and structural formulas.  Thanks.

Offline ARGOS++

• Mole Snacks: +199/-56
Re: High School Organic Chemistry Project
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 12:15:05 PM »

Dear Phallpdx,

Most of time a good start point is the “NIST Chemistry WebBook” you may find under:
It contains also a Lot of other chemistry & physical Information of the Compounds!
The same for Chemistry-Business Names can be found by “ChemExper Chemical Directory”:
In the “ChemExper Chemical Directory”, if the structural formulas are missing, you got at least company names and addresses, where you have the possibility to ask for.

I hope it may be of help to you!

Good Luck!
                    ARGOS++

Offline phallpdx

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:11:37 PM »
I would not have posted this question if I could have found it on any of the sites above, does anyone have any further ideas?

Offline ARGOS++

• Mole Snacks: +199/-56
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »

Dear Phallpdx,

SORRY!, if I don’t agree with you!  --
And the evidence is given very easy, as I tested it before I answered you!:

A.)   You are NOT able to find a nicer, more coloured structure formula for YELLOW 5 as on “ChemExper.com”. It tells you also some alternate business names for like: Acid Yellow-23, or Tetrazine.
B.)   Also the “NIST Chemistry WebBook” is telling you the exact structure formula for your PEG.
C.)   For others “ChemExper.com” gives you the molecular formula AND the IUPAC name, and with a little knowledge you are able to draw the corresponding structure formula by yourself.
D.)   For the remaining products you are at least able to find Companies with e-mail addresses which sell/produce it or homolges of it.  (Maybe you have to use a little different “language” as in your replay to get a usable answer.) 

So you may realise, that to think about answers may be of some advantages anyway.
(I never told you, that you will find ALL answers at these places, - lonely!)

Good Luck, anyway!
                    ARGOS++

Sponsored Links