April 26, 2024, 11:55:17 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The earth is an electron...  (Read 32712 times)

megnetic

Re: The earth is an electron...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
if I had the proper education

That's the problem - obviously you have some interesting ideas (not necesarilly new, as at least some of them were voiced earlier) mixed with absurd ones. No professor will talk with you about these - they have more important things to do and they will treat you as a crackpot (you would be surprised how many people think they understand universe and everything, noyt knowing how to calculate sphere volume at the same time). At best you may discuss these ideas over beer with some college students.

Chem101, Phys101, Bio101, Math101 - that should be your starting point.

be careful not to box yourself in with the pursuit of "knowledge".. a red flag appears when i see ideas be discounted as illegitimate.  magic is marginalized in this so-called "progressive" and "enlightened" culture, what are we afraid of?  why are we so afraid of not knowing?  while it is good to learn, dont let it keep you from entertaining ideas even if they don't fit into the "appropriate" context of "knowledge".  there are infinite possibilities, and the more we think we understand, the more it is just a process of us imposing our consciousness on everything else.  Fukuoka explains this well:

“People think that when they turn their eyes from the earth to the sky they see the heavens.  They set the orange fruit apart from the green leaves and say the know the green of the leaves and the orange of the fruit.  But from the instant one makes a distinction between green and orange, the true colors vanish.
   People think they understand things because they become familiar with them.  This is only superficial knowledge.  It is the knowledge of the astronomer who knows the names of the stars, the botanist who knows the classification of the leaves and flowers, the artist who knows the aesthetics of green and red.  Astronomer, botanist, and artist have dne no more than grasp impressions and interpret them, each within the vault of his own mind.  The more involved they become with the activity of the intellect, the more they set themselves apart and the more difficult it becomes to live naturally.
   The tragedy is that in their unfounded arrogance, people attempt to bend nature to their will.  Human beings can destroy natural forms, but they cannot create them.  Discrimination, a fragmented and incomplete understanding, always forms the starting point of human knowledge.  Unable to know the whole of nature, people can do no better than to construct an incomplete model of it and then delude themselves into thinking that they have created something natural.
   All someone has to do to know nature is to realized that he does not really know anything, that he is unable to know anything.  It can then be expected that he will lose interest in discriminating knowledge.  When he abandons discriminating knowledge, non-discriminating knowledge of itself arises within him.  If he does not try to think about knowing, if he does not care about understanding, the time will come when he will understand.  There is no other way than through the destruction of the ego, casting aside the though that humans exist apart from heaven and earth.”

-- Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution, 154-155

megnetic

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 02:18:50 PM »
there are infinite possibilities

Which doesn't mean they are unlimited. 2+2 is not 5, no matter how you try.

The tragedy is that in their unfounded arrogance, people attempt to bend nature to their will.

That's the phrase you should be paying attention to. You won't make 2+2=5. It will be 4. That's why you should start with education, to not waste your time with things that are wrong from the very beginning.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
check this out, what do yall think?

That everyone can publish in the web.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline juanrga

• Mole Snacks: +16/-11
    • juanrga - sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 05:21:37 AM »
searched google, but could not find anything...
So, with little information, let me tell you what I know, and why I came (or think) to believe that Earth is an electron.

I would love to tell you which element I think the milky way is, but unfortunately we do not know how many planets are in our galaxy. If we had 9 planets, we would be flourine, if we had 8, we would be Oxygen. But I just do not know.

But to the fun part!

Here is a look of our galaxy. Incase you did not know, the gravity of the sun is what keeps the planets in orbit. Without this gravity, the planets would just...fly away. Which is similar to an atom.

An atom looks like this..

The electrons revolve around the nucleus, which is made up of protons and neutrons (making it positive). The reason why the electrons stay in orbit is because opposites attract (electron + proton = love). So in a nutshell, the proton is kind of gravity.

I have also come to assume that the earth is moving in VERY slow time.

What if time was just moving very very slowly?

We have already stated that in 2012, we will be in a slightly different orbit.

What about after billions and billions and billions and billions of years, a diagram of past and current orbits looks like this

Maybe I am just a 16 year old dumbass who has only taken a months worth of chemistry

The problems are that an electron is not a ball moving in circles around a nucleus; atoms do not look like in your picture...
Sharing unified knowledge in pure and applied sciences

Sponsored Links