March 28, 2024, 05:50:05 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: a couple of questions about protactinium  (Read 2533 times)

Offline buckyballs4me

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
a couple of questions about protactinium
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
my teacher is giving out extra credit to anyone who can answer these questions.
please help me and thank you for answering my questions.

1. are their any companies in U.S. that prepare and sell protactinium in its elemental form? (please include name and address)(please dont give me dietary supplements)

2. what are the methods of preparation of the element? (be specific please - detal prepartation from natural source *ore or other source* to element; include balanced chemical rections if they are involved)

3. uses of protactinium ( please distinguish between uses of the element and uses of compounds of protactinium; be specific in the uses. fOR EX  copper is used as the element for electrical wires and in the compound copper naphthenate for wood preserving. the electril wire ex can be used.

4.Quantum mechanical electronic configuration of the element and different charge states (valence) of the element with at least one example of a real existing compound that illustrates each valence state.

Comments: (Do not present a Bohr model; relate the electronic configuration to the various states, discuss ionic/covalent nature of bonding in compounds, example compounds must be listed in Handbook of Chemistry and Physics or provide literature reference for the computer; be sure to have correct formula and name for compound)

i really need extra credit and this is my only wayt to get my answers. i tried to use google to get my anwers but all i get are articles of the element that i have to buy

i know i am asking alot and i appreciate your help.

thank you very much :)

Sponsored Links