April 25, 2024, 02:28:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Sodium Hypochlorite Cleaning Questions  (Read 25299 times)

Offline ka7niq

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Sodium Hypochlorite Cleaning Questions
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
I wish I was Chemist, or understood better.
I do uderstand that it is better to make a dilute amount stronger by drop PH.
So, to make a weaker Hypochlorite perform like a 40 percent solution, is there a mathmatical way to see how to do it ?
Lets say we have 10  percent hypochlorite and 90 percent water.
How much must we lower PH to make solution equal in cleaning effect to a 40 percent solution ?
I have heard it said Borax is a good buffering agent, and buffers at PH 9.5 I think

IF I could use LESS Sodium Hypochlorite by making it stronger, less Sodium problems with plants ??

Is there math way to express what concentration I need to use to make clean like a 40 percent solution ?

Someone told me Moles, but I do not understand Moles.

Offline ARGOS++

• Mole Snacks: +199/-56
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »

Dear BalzaK,

I understand your wish very well.
I had a quite similar wish for you, because it would much more simplify all discussions if you would have already some chemical knowledge.

But so I only have to tell you that about the field of your last questions you have to find somebody else, as I have not enough knowledge about it.  It means that I cannot make such calculations as you prefer, - Sorry!
I’m pretty sure you, and everybody else, are NOT able to lower the pH with any Buffer that will not significantly increase the salt content of the “cleaner”, and that is much more worst for your plants then all the “Sodium” content/concentration you had till jet.

Mol per liter is only e little more special expression for a defined concentration as the unit: grams per liter.
Dilutions you may still do in grams per liter or liter per liters.

I hope somebody else will/can give you the right answer.

Good Luck!
                    ARGOS++

Offline FCPWLLC

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 07:54:32 AM »
Chris, According to the questions presented and answers here, I think the best solution to the "weak rain" problem is to CONTROL the situation yourself and Rinse the roof and dillute the soil. Not allowing a hap chance of little rainfall to do your rinsing.

Working hard lately? We're done until spring here.

Sponsored Links