April 27, 2024, 07:12:26 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ACETAMINOPHEN  (Read 2984 times)

Offline EMTMATT

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
ACETAMINOPHEN
« on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »
We did an experiment yesterday and I am stuck on a question...Can you assist me?

Explain why the maximum possible mole of acetaminophen you can obtain in this experiment equals the moles of para-acetaminophen.  para-acetaminophen is a precursor to acetaminophen with a 1:1 molar relationship.

Thank You,

Matt Cravea
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:47:06 PM by EMTMATT »

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
Re: ACETAMINOPHEN
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »
We did an experiment yesterday and I am stuck on a question...Can you assist me?

Explain why the maximum possible mole of acetaminophen you can obtain in this experiment equals the moles of para-acetaminophen. para-acetaminophen is a precursor to acetaminophen with a 1:1 molar relationship.

Thank You,

Matt Cravea
I'm not sure I understand what the question is looking for (I assume the actual question is the part I boleded, ya?).  If 1 mole of para-acetaminophen reacts to form 1 mole of acetaminophen, then how would you propose making more than 1 mole?  I suppose I possible answer would be "Because para-acetaminophen forms acetaminophen in a 1:1 molar ratio, it is impossible to produce more moles of acetaminophen than the number of moles of para-acetaminophen reacted"

Sponsored Links