March 28, 2024, 01:31:34 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Just failed a chem test.  (Read 8803 times)

Offline 2slowtogofast

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Just failed a chem test.
« on: October 26, 2007, 01:29:50 PM »
I just took my second chem test (the course i am in is general chemistry 1) and im pretty sure that i failed it. It was on Stoichiometry which i know pretty well. The second half was on Aqueous reactions and solution stoichiometetry which i am totally lost on. I have not really put any time into chem because of other classes. Now after this test it is quite clear i need to spend more time on it. So my next test is on thermochemistry and Electronic structure of atoms. Do i need to go back and learn aqueous reactions and solution stoichiometetry. My major has nothing to do with chem so if i pass this class im done with it.

Offline LQ43

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +32/-9
Re: Just failed a chem test.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
well, you never know when solution stoichiometry will turn up but for thermochem, you will need mostly algebra skills and general stoichiometry. Electronic structure is conceptual and also covers trends in the periodic table.

Most programs that require a gen chem course do so for a reason. Unless you are taking it as an elective for a science requirement, your major usually has some science component that chemistry would be related to.

Aqueous reactions have everything to do with dissolving things in water and making solutions. If you've ever put salt in water, or made Koolaid or drank sports drinks or sodas or lived in a hard water area (lots of ions in the water) or took an antacid because of excess stomach acid and many more . this is all aqueous chemistry that we might encounter everyday.

Sponsored Links