March 28, 2024, 06:38:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: GABA and BBB  (Read 23852 times)

Offline lutesium

• Mole Snacks: +8/-24
Re: GABA and BBB
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 06:46:46 AM »
GABA has some derivatives which are stronger and more habit forming than the medicines you use (if you use them as medicines - not inject or do some sort of other tricks with them-) Anyways these derivatives are so powerful that even if you inject your medicines I think these derivatives are more powerful!!!

Lutesium...

Offline shontay

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »
what would GABA, pyridine, and Heptanoyl chloride produce?

thanks,
shontay

Offline shontay

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
come on you young smart people, through me a bone here.

thanks,
shontay

Offline shontay

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
wohoo, my post is unlocked.  So can someone please help me with the result of GABA, pyridine, and heptanoyl chloride, or guide me in the direction of adding the enanthate ester to GABA.

thanks,
shontay

Offline lutesium

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »
I don't think that Heptanoyl Chloride will make it able to cross the BBB because its a so big ester that won't be able to cross the BBB... Why don't you search over internet? Because drug synthesis posts aren't allowed in here! Show some respect plase!!!

Lutesium...

Offline shontay

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 07:08:06 PM »
hey lutesium,

you're probably right, but the enanthate ester will seperate from the GABA once in the blood stream.  this ester is just to prolong the half life of the GABA.  an enanthate ester in an oil solution won't start freeing the GABA into the blood stream for 3-4 weeks, and at a nice steady pace once it starts. it's like an extended release formula.  getting the GABA past the BBB is still another issue. 

why do you say i have no respect?  there are many other chemical synthesis post on this forum.  i did read the rules, and i don't see where i've broken the rules.  mitch unlocked the post, so if rules were being broken, i don't think he would have unlocked it.

i have done research on this topic, i just don't have the chemistry knowledge to understand.  isn't that the purpose of this site?

shontay

Offline lutesium

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 07:44:40 AM »
I really don't think so... You're contradicting with yourself!!! If the GABA will seperate from its ester once its in the bloodstream how will it cross the BBB???

Lutesium...

Offline shontay

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »
lutesium glad i didn't upset you.

i have two seperate issues with GABA.  #1 is it won't pass the BBB on it's own.  #2 it has a half life of a few hours.  by adding the enanthate ester i solve the half life issue, and the need to administer every few hours (with enanthate ester it would only need be administered once a week). 

the BBB is another issue and more complex. with my limited knowledge of chemistry, i thought by asking the outcome of the  GABA, pyridine, and heptanoyl chloride combination would be a relatively easy question to answer for a chemist, or someone studying organic chemistry. 

Offline shontay

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 10:48:33 AM »
maybe there is an easier way for me.  do they make a software program that does organic synthesis, and could also be used as a teaching aid?

i'm old but still capable of learning. 

shontay

Offline lutesium

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »
Pyrdine will absorb the HCl formed thus drives the reaction to the right! That's all I can do for you because if I do more that will pass the limits!!!

Lutesium...

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
I wouldn't do this, I really wouldn't, I can see it producing GABA downregulation, and coming off it won't be fun at all.

Practically speaking, if this was dissolved and given as a depot injection, I can see it being immediately attacked by one or other of the bodys esterases, and being turned straight back into GABA, rather than whatever fatty acid ester you produced.

A med you could look into is tiagabine, it acts as a selective GABA reuptake inhibitor, so, short term it could work for coming off clonazepam.

Benzos tend to produce adrenergic symptoms in WD, so a beta blocker or alpha-2 adrenoreceptor agonist like clonidine might help make it less painful.

I think a better site than here to help you out, would be www.bluelight.ru its not a chemistry orientated site, but I think its more what your looking for in this case :)
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline ARDave

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »
Having injected GABA I can tell you that it is NOT a pleasant experience, the full body rush/burn is an inhibitory experience & there are virtually zero CNS effects - you may wish to reconsider.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 05:32:48 AM »
This is a remnant from the old times, I am locking the thread.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links