May 29, 2020, 04:40:52 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What do you use if you do an experiment in a laboratory?  (Read 3978 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline georginho_juventusygr

  • New Member
  • **
  • Posts: 4
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
  • Gender: Male
What do you use if you do an experiment in a laboratory?
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »
Hi, all. I'm a new member here. So, apologize if I've done something wrong.

I've lived in the Netherlands for about 1.5 year and I still have to learn the language.

What I want to ask is a so called voorschrift. It's a "directive" you use whenever you do an experiment in a laboratory. It contains all reagents you use, all tools, all laboratory instructions etc. What is it called in English? And more importantly, is there a special rule to make your own? I ask this because I and my mates are currently doing a project, but we don't know how to make that directive.

Thanks much before for answering.
We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Offline Mitch

  • General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5294
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-2
  • Gender: Male
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re: What do you use if you do an experiment in a laboratory?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:17:28 PM »
It can go by many names for example: Experimental, Experimental Procedures, Experimental Section.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Yggdrasil

  • Retired Staff
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3210
  • Mole Snacks: +482/-21
  • Gender: Male
  • Physical Biochemist

Sponsored Links