April 19, 2024, 03:36:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Stanford Grad Application  (Read 9076 times)

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +69/-17
  • diels alder
Stanford Grad Application
« on: December 10, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »
The Stanford grad application asks for a record of any crimes committed other than traffic violations and an explanation.  Do you think this is of major concern for admission depending on the crime or can it be explained reasonably?
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is only granted to those who are prepared. -Louis Pasteur

Offline SM30

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +3/-1
Re: Stanford Grad Application
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:54 AM »
my guess is that it depends on the crime. If were talking about a misdemeanor for political activism im sure that looks different than, oh i dont know, dogfighting. I wouldnt be surprised if they draw the line at somewhere between misdemeanor and felony. Or maybe prison time vs. no prison time. That sounds like a question that you'd have to ask from the admin rep. I actually talked to him once, he was a cool guy.

Offline Alpha-Omega

• Mole Snacks: +360/-231
  • Physical Inorganic Chemist
Re: Stanford Grad Application
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:06:16 PM »
I can help help you with this...

1. They want to know if it was a felony.
2.  If you comitted a crime and your record was exponged you have NO duty to report it to anyone...not even US Customs or ATF or the FBI.
3. If it was a Class A, B, or C midemeanor and you pled NO Contest or were convicted...they will not care....but they will find the conviction...you can find it...they are on the web....

Sponsored Links