April 19, 2024, 06:38:11 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Flare system  (Read 5788 times)

Offline AN

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Flare system
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »
hi
i have a question about flare system in gas processing plant. Usually vapours from produced water sytem and from condenste stabilizing unit dont send to flare. whot could be the reason. pressure , temprature or concentration difference and why please explain thanks

Offline Montemayor

• Mole Snacks: +9/-0
Re: Flare system
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »

AN:

It would help immensely if you would write with clarity and give out more details.  I have to guess what it is that you are referring to and what is the local situation.

For example, is this a design or an existing plant?  I have to assume it is an existing gas processing plant and it is venting the hydrocarbon vapors emitted from produced water stabilizing condensate directly to the atmosphere instead of sending the vapors to a flare system.

The reason for this being done is better addressed and answered by the local operators of the plant.  We can only guess – and I guess that the owners are too cheap to put in a Vapor Recovery Unit (VRU) or a flare system.  I am also assuming that local regulations are non-existent and the Gas Plant owner is free to do what he/she pleases.  I also have to assume this is located in an under-developed country or in a location where no one cares.  If they cared about the local environment and the health of the people living near-by or if the local government had a strict regulation, then the owner would put in a VRU or a Flare System.  But I guess that is asking for too much.

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:51:51 AM »
For example, is this a design or an existing plant?  I have to assume it is an existing gas processing plant and it is venting the hydrocarbon vapors emitted from produced water stabilizing condensate directly to the atmosphere instead of sending the vapors to a flare system.

The reason for this being done is better addressed and answered by the local operators of the plant.  We can only guess – and I guess that the owners are too cheap to put in a Vapor Recovery Unit (VRU) or a flare system.  I am also assuming that local regulations are non-existent and the Gas Plant owner is free to do what he/she pleases.  I also have to assume this is located in an under-developed country or in a location where no one cares.  If they cared about the local environment and the health of the people living near-by or if the local government had a strict regulation, then the owner would put in a VRU or a Flare System.  But I guess that is asking for too much.

Before you slag off the third world maybe you should think about the lack of a flare system at BP Texas City and OSHA's back peddling over their citation of the same.

Offline AN

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
hi
it is a modification in existing plant and flare system is there. it is a gas processing plant from well. now in all over the plant vent of all PSVs and SDVs, in case of when they operated, are sent to flare. but vent from produce water system and condensate stablizing unit dont send to flare. i want to know the reason behind this. this is not because of ist second or third world country it is practice because of some precautionery reason. if any one know please explain.
Thanks

Sponsored Links