April 27, 2024, 02:05:46 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Professional Advice needed  (Read 6503 times)

Offline dbatl

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Professional Advice needed
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
Good day everyone. I have just been offered an admission into the MSc in Chemical Engineering at U of L, Kentucky and I want to know what area of research I need to go into.

I have a BSc chemistry background. I could have gone into PhD chemistry but the financial reward is too small for me.

As a result, I applied for chemical Eng. I want to concentrate in an area of Chemical Engineering that will (1) give me an opportunity to find a job easily when I graduate (I will be going in PhD as well after the MSc Program) and (2) pay the highest in chemical Engineering.
Can anyone tell which area will be best for me given the two goals mentioned above?

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +69/-17
  • diels alder
Re: Professional Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
Study something you enjoy in chemistry, work hard.
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is only granted to those who are prepared. -Louis Pasteur

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Professional Advice needed
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
What does chemical engineering mean to you, besides a larger paycheck?  Do you feel a strong interest in drafting larger reaction vessels, determining the kinetics of various larger mixing schematics, that sort of thing.  Browse this forum's chemical engineering section.  Many of the questions there go unanswered, do you have a burning desire to solve those problems?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 02:12:06 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links