This is a grade 11 chem question...
A total of 1.56 grams of CH3CH2CH2CHO (C4H8O) is combusted in a copper calorimeter. Given the info below,
- mass of calorimeter = 420 grams
- volume of water in calorimeter = 215 mL
- c value of Cu = 0.385 J/gC
- c value of H2O = 4.18 J/gC
- change in temperature = 22.3 C
a) determine the balanced thermo chemical reaction
b) determine the molar heat of combustion of the molecule
i'm not sure how to start it... if the mass of the calormeter (420) is the grams i should use to find Q.