April 28, 2024, 12:32:26 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: LPG  (Read 5605 times)

Offline AN

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
LPG
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:08 AM »
hi
i need information on LPG plant. its detail informatin. i was searching net but i could not find it. any help wil be appreciated

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: LPG
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
Hello AN,

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a 'generic' LPG plant schematic on the internet either.  It looks as though the best way of getting the details you requested is by visiting a University library that has a science or engineering department.  I am confident that a quick search within the library will provide a few examples of LPG schematics.

I wish you the best on your visit.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline mbeychok

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-3
  • Chemical engineer
    • Air Pollution Dispersion Modeling
Re: LPG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »
AN:

LPG is usually either propane or a mixture of propane and butanes. It is difficult to answer your question because there is no separate LPG plant as such.

Most LPG is produced in petroleum refineries and is obtained as the overhead distillate from the many depropanizing and debutanizing distillation columns in a refinery. Those overhead distillates are combined and treated to remove mercaptans and any gaseous hydrogen sulfide to produce the end-product LPG.

Another source of LPG is as a byproduct from natural gas processing plants. See http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Natural_gas_processing.
Milton Beychok
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Sponsored Links