March 28, 2024, 07:26:37 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: No idea where to put this, but I figure the content will probably apply to all  (Read 23647 times)

Offline Professor Gaarder

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Yeah, it can be a little hard for a layman to get a hold of, but do you really need them?  Pyrex canning jars are as good as Pyrex beakers.  Maybe a few graduated cylinders are a good idea, if you think you experiments call for accurate volume measurements.  Have you heard of Edmund Scientific -- http://scientificsonline.com/ , they are a little over priced, but they have a nice selection of small laboratory pieces.

But that's the problem-if you say they're a bit pricy, I know I shouldn't even try because let me tell you-if I had a summer job and twice my weekly allowance, I could recite, right now, the densities of copper, rock crystal, peacock ore, and bloodstone simultaniously. But I can't, because it takes me so long to save for stuff.

Offline agrobert

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +69/-17
  • diels alder
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is only granted to those who are prepared. -Louis Pasteur

Offline Professor Gaarder

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
FYI, even if the library close to you does not have much options, not a problem. Just look at their catalog for the entire library collection (all libraries in the system) and then ask the librarian if they will get the book you want for you. Every day 100's of books go from and to the library close to you, upon request, most likely.

Please do not take this as an insult; because it is a great book. I would ask for The Cartoon Guide to Chemistry. And while you are at it, get the Cartoon Guide to Physics.

They are excellent books. I think they should both be introductry books for both material.
http://www.larrygonick.com/html/pub/pub.html

The statistics one is excellent as well, not that you need it. They really are wonderful books, great at explaining concepts while not getting to down and dirty. Some of the favorite books in my collection.

Sponsored Links