April 28, 2024, 03:16:21 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ok...I got Just A couple More Questions  (Read 2948 times)

Offline AlexNAlex2512

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
Ok...I got Just A couple More Questions
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:42:57 PM »
1. Frequency is measureed in units of ___, and the ___ of a substance is the set of wavelengths absorbed/emitted by that substance.

2.In a cathode Ray Tube, What is the Electron Stream Called

3.What is the theoretical partticle exchanged by quarks?

4. When mass and relative isotopes have been found, the average ___ can be found.

I'm pretty sure #4 is atomic number but the rest i'm clueless.  If you can't answer these could I please be directed to a site with this info that's not utterly confusing. Thanks!

Ok..I got #3 thanks to Arkcon, and i got #2 also.  Any help on #1, and was i right with #4?

Ok...now I just need #4. Pleeeeeeeease? ::)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:32:40 PM by AlexNAlex2512 »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Ok...I got Just A couple More Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »
3.What is the theoretical partticle exchanged by quarks?

I didn't know the answer to this one.  So I plugged it into Google.  First Google corrected the misspelling.  Then I got this:

{clicky pop}

Either you want the theory behind the answer, or you don't.  But the answer is right there on the search page.

'Tho I have to grant you one point, the wikipedia entry on Cathode Ray Tube is pretty messy, you're not going to find your obscure definition there.  I would suggest perusing your (or someone else's) class notes.  Some of the facts you need are kinda, well, not facts, just different ways of saying things.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:25:20 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Padfoot

• Mole Snacks: +23/-2
Re: Ok...I got Just A couple More Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:59:53 PM »
4) is the average atomic mass, assuming you meant the relative abundance of isotopes in your question.
For more info, you can read: http://www.algebralab.org/practice/practice.aspx?file=Algebra_AverageAtomicMass.xml

Sponsored Links