April 18, 2024, 04:23:41 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: no name  (Read 6753 times)

ssssss

no name
« on: March 04, 2005, 10:30:18 AM »
I dont find a suitable title for this thread.

Openly speaking to all,i want a little advice from you peaple.Any help will be apreciated...

Well i dunno how to say that,but right now i feel empty from mind and body deep inside.I was been working hard in fact almost as hard as i could to clear my IIT Exams this time but it seems i have lost my way somewhere and now finding myself in a bloody misery.Studying mathematics till 3 in the evening,helping out some junior friends concentrating all the time i could to my studies.But it dint paid off atleast this time.I dont have a family and i think friends either.As this is my second attempt i am working lonely most of the time.Most of the friends have joined other engineering colleges after not witnessing much success at the IITs.But i stick to the particular thinking as i still know i can clear this Exam.But sadly i could not take coaching for it and working alone couldnt yield that results that could.
Apart from that the nightmare came when i started facing a lot of Tensions and Pressures which caused anxities and all kind of mental problems.It has really made me sick from mind.It seems like i have become too weak to succeed and too strong to die.I could go no further and could not move forward after this catastrophic breakdown.I could try another attempt but i am really scared after Experiencing this bloody mess.I could go for any other Engineering college as their exams are comparitively very easy but i feel lazy about it as i could have acheived a lot much higher and yes its not that what i deserve.

If you think you can tell me a better way to tackle my problems i would be thankful to you.Please be open minded..

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:no name
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:14:28 AM »
when i feel stressed out, i will go and take a walk, or even do my grocery shopping at 3am in the morning. the grocery mini-marts (eg. tesco express) here are open 24/7. maybe u shld try for night cycling. The transquillity of the wee hours in the morning are very calming FYI.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

ssssss

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:01:32 AM »
nah,i feel much better.Depression really made me very frustrated but i am thinking forward now.And i regularly go to night walk since last few years.So time to lock this topic.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 03:59:21 PM »
I know how you feel there ssssss.  Ever since graduating college and going back home I've been battling some really tough mental times as well.  I had a lot of fun and did a lot of things during college that made me feel great and lifted my spirits.  When I graduated, all that 'fun' suddenly stopped and I had to say goodbye to the people I relaly cared about.  Upon returning home, I realized that I had changed significantly from when I left and many of my friends had moved away or had changed as well.  Things were different and would never be the same.  So for  these past three years I've been fighting the on and off mental "depression" that seems to hit me like a ton of bricks.  Even if I'm doing something that I enjoy like playing *Ignore me, I am dishonest*, or working on my element collection, or admiring my coin collection, the bouts of depression can just suddenly nail me.  After a while, you get used to them.  You just need to fight through it and deal with what's happening.  That's what I do.  I haven't felt 'down' in quite a while now but I am fully aware that it can strike at any time.  Sometimes the best thing to do is just tell people about it and get it out in the open.  So we'll keep this thread open for anybody who just needs to get something off their chest as a way to lift themselves up a bit.   :D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
Depression passes with time. Sometimes we need to fail, its the only way we can grow.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

ssssss

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 09:17:54 AM »
After a while, you get used to them.  You just need to fight through it and deal with what's happening.  That's what I do.

I think this is the point where i lost my way.I was facing severe depression since the late years of my high school.But after 4 long years all hells broke loose.And it just pisses me when i look at the past.Really its bloody very bloody miserable time since a completed high school.And the thing i have learnt through this failure is that i should not cope with it or get used to it.We have much more to cope with and a lot of interesting things to get used to.So i think this is the time when i should think of different perspective.Than coping with depression,its not an helping hand but an evil.

I have to keep my cool.It really pisses when you are in a happy situation and mood and suddenly your mood swings and you find yourself lonely and tired.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »
It really pisses when you are in a happy situation and mood and suddenly your mood swings and you find yourself lonely and tired.

:-[ i am familiar with that feeling. I get it all the time. It's so hard to stay happy and positive because the reasons that pull your emotions down always have a lingering effect. I tried many means to save myself from this emotional collapse, including getting attached. I got the girl, but I became doubly sad when my emotions collapsed because i accepted her woes and sorrows in my life. it's great to have close friends around you when you are feeling down thou.. treasure your friends before you lost them!!!
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links