April 18, 2024, 08:57:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: fs: chemistry Glass (pyrex) Lab Grade - updated 4/16/08  (Read 17854 times)

Offline chrysafis74

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
fs: chemistry Glass (pyrex) Lab Grade - updated 4/16/08
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »
OK,

as promised here is a picture album of all 7 boxes of chemistry stuff. the picture names start out with the box number they are in. ex: "Box_1 001.jpg" is part of box 1. I have no idea what any of this stuff is what it is for, or what each piece is called. I prefer Cash and Local Pick up in Central NJ. I will ship, but beware it will not be cheap to do so as i will pack this stuff real good and to do that costs $$$ in packing materials, also i will insist on tracking and insurance.

I've lowered my price to $700.00 for the whole pile(all 7 boxes) for the first person willing to come get it all out of my garage.

Click on the thumbnail below to take you to the picture album.

I have added some better quality shots of some of the more fancier pieces.

Thank You,

Rev. Robert P. Chrysafis
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:18:05 AM by chrysafis74 »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: fs: chemistry Glass (pyrex) Lab Grade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »
Rev,

That is a nice collection of useful quality pieces, I wish you the best of luck with your sale.  But, I feel like I have to warn you -- having laboratory glassware, outside of a laboratory environment, looks a little suspicious to law enforcement.  They tend to assume anyone possessing it is automatically manufacturing illegal drugs.  That's just a heads up for you, and to insure you're careful around potential buyers.  Wish I could have that stuff in my basement laboratory.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline chrysafis74

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
any tips when dealing with potential buyers? questions to ask? require any type of paper work to prove they are not dope dealers or cops or to lessen the likelyhood of a bad situation?

Offline chrysafis74

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »
Moderator, please feel free to delete this post and the ones below it marked deleted. I'm trying to keep the thread uncluttered and did not notice the edit feature till i made a load of follow ups.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:49:44 PM by chrysafis74 »

Offline chrysafis74

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 01:47:57 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:40:00 PM by chrysafis74 »

Offline chrysafis74

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 01:51:42 PM »
deleted

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:41:10 PM by chrysafis74 »

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
I wouldn't make a purchase unless I was outfitting a laboratory.  Here's something to try, there may be a small laboratory in need of labware.  See if there are any jobs locally for chemists or researchers, or other lab workers, environmental, etc.  Try the want ads, that way you're sure they're small.

Offline chrysafis74

Re: fs: chemistry Glass (pyrex) Lab Grade - updated 3/15/08
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
is my asking price in the ballpark of what i should be asking for this stuff? I am completely illiterate in the value of this stuff. i'm a broadcast engineer, ham, it type guy :)

i saw the stuff and thought it looked like something i saw in an old frankenstein film and thought it might have some value, but as far as it's real value i just took a shot in the dark guess based on some of the really outrages looking pieces that are in the boxes.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
I think you're pretty close, it would depend on the exact pieces, their condition, and what they could be used for, and if some had a pressing need for them.  There's a company called VWR, as just one example, which sells glassware, compare the pieces and you'll see the prices.

Offline chrysafis74

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »
hi arkcon,

tried to pm you,but I guess you have pm's turned off.

are you somewhat local to my area? if not, do you know anyone local in my area.

i need someone willing to go through each piece, identify damaged pieces, and put a proper name to each piece?

maybe explain what each piece is for and help me better decide whether it should go in lots or as a complete setup.

i would like to toss this up on ebay, either in separate lots or the whole deal.

in order for the listing to be effective i need to identify pieces, etc.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
I can't get your picture viewing webpage to work.  I may have too many filters running under Mozilla, and I don't really want to turn all of them off.  If you load the pictures individually into a mainstream image host, like Picassa, or Image Shack, we could name individual ones for you.  I don't recognize the name of some of your glassware, they may be special types of distillation rigs, or reaction vessels of some sort, so we'd need this whole group to give you a name for each.  Any one of us could need one piece of glassware for work or school, and be glad to come and get it.  Or pay shipping for it.  For example, sometimes, in class, you break some glassware, and the cost comes out of your university's security deposit, someone might very well need to replace just one piece of equipment, abd save their fee.

Sponsored Links