March 29, 2024, 07:14:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Job postings etc.  (Read 70173 times)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Job postings etc.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 04:53:03 AM »
"Recent" always lists everything, so marking forums as read doesn't help, plus, IMHO "Recent" has much more convenient format, with all posts shown, not just listed. OTOH "Recent" stops to work, when there is much traffic, or you don't visit forums frequently enough.

But - as you have posted - that's up to you ;)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »
Yeah, I view the forums separately and only view what I want. You heathens!

Also, HMX, right clicking to open in new window?

You can shift+click. Or use Firefox (and maybe the new IE?) and define middle click to open in a new window or tab!

Such a waste of time, right clicking and then selecting open in new windows.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 04:22:05 AM »
Or use Firefox (and maybe the new IE?) and define middle click to open in a new window or tab!

Or use Opera ;)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 04:27:05 AM »
Opera? thats the browser for old people. :p
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »
Opera? thats the browser for old people. :p
Why, that younger people prefer the fastest tools
AWK

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
OK more people wanted the job's to stay only just and how many votes came from regulars?

Now they are here to stay do we have to have them pop up on the recent messages screen because Alpha-Omega types *Ignore me, I am impatient* on them again?

Offline Alpha-Omega

• Mole Snacks: +360/-231
  • Physical Inorganic Chemist
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
OH DARN...I mean Alpha-Omega this...and Alpha-Omega that..and OH that Damned Alpha-Omega...I mean...what would you have to b$*%( and whine about...world hunger...OH NOT!!!!  DEATH AND DESTRUCTION...oh no way ....War...politics...OH HELL...NO!!!!

Why are you wasting your valuable breath on me!!!!! :o

Dude....get a grip!!!!!...Take it down a notch....I bumped those because I was PMed and asked to move the better ones to the top...IF I COULD!!!

So I did...since you cannot seem to filter me from your recent messages...I will not move all the best to the top....I will direct people here to your post....so they can see why....I will just move 3-5....so be ready to delete those 3-5 you get...OKEY DOKEY!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I have recieveed notice one guy got hired at Exelon thru one of those posts and another is slated to take an exam there..,.and those are good things....I also hear from even my company...they are getting great candidates for the jobs they asked me to post..

WOW what a BALANCED FORUM...has education, information, tutoring, mentoring, blogs, vast vaults of 411,  JOBS,  OH and JOBS too!!!!  Guess that would be part of its CHARM!!!!!!

Obviously there are many who are benefiting....so say whatever you like!!!!!  The job board speaks for itself!!!  I am so good with that!!!!  ;D

SO I WOULD SAY THAT IS PRETTY DAMNED PRODUCTIVE.... and OH you go right ahead and you blame that GD Alpha-Omega...OMG she is at it again!!!!  AAAAAHHHHHHHH   she is posting JOBS....WOW I will burn in Hell for that...LOL first atheist in hell....HHMMM future job....Options on the first Sno-Cone Stand in Hell!!!!  It has its chemical aspects..  ;)

OMG...BE STILL MY HEART...but other people are beginning to leave leads too.....they reply to my posts..SO I TOLD THEM TO MAKE NEW TOPICS...so everyone can see and SHARE..

OH SUPPORT FOR JOBS....what an unusual thing!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 06:39:08 PM by Alpha-Omega »

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 06:18:43 AM »
Is is possible for you to reply to anyone without having a hissy fit and using LOADS of CAPS and dozens of !!!!!! marks?

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
My dear misguided forum brother, you are the one having the hissy fits (come to think of it-guess this is like having a little/baby brother LOL)...look at your posts/responses...OH Hell, I was being sarcastic/facetious at my OWN expense. I mean you are astute enough to reconize sarcasm..RIGHT?   

Let me try to put it another way.  I will use very elementary terms:  I would not waste one minute of my time getting angry or upset over anything you say.  I mean this has got to be some of the best entertainment I have had in a long time.  And you just shower me with attention.  You are truly focused and driven!!!!

Well, here we go again, JUST DAMN THAT DAMN ALPHA-OMEGA....she is just so TENACIOUS...RESILLIANT...Yes, I am RELENTLESS!!!!

Here let me help you out with the definition of HISSY FIT:

hissy fit Definition ☆ hissy fit (his′ē)

noun

Dialectal a fit of anger: usually in the phrase have (or throw) a hissy fit

hissy fit Usage Examples Converse of object

have: Now DrCMS is having a hissy fit because he couldn't have his own way.

Courtesey of Your Dictionary.com modification DrCMS per Sr. Frances Crean.

LOL...I am not trying to change a thing...YOU ARE!!!!!  Good Luck with that!!!!

That just OH DAMN 5 letter word...what is it...OH OH  Yes WOMAN!!!!!!  Damn that Woman...that, that, Alpha-Omega....

I guess you are really upset that burning witches at the stake has been outlawed...OH yes, drowning and hanging are not options anymore either!!!!!   ;D

Be careful using Craigslist to find a hitman to do me in.  Last time that was attmepted the person got caught!!!!!  But I bet you could find at least one or two people here who would throw down with you!!!  LOL

I KNOW...why don't you go and PM a whole bunch of people and ask them if they are irritated with/by me my posts....I mean you have done that before,,,,there is your backup!!!!!!!

I kind of like being the independent-stand on my own...be that woman with the brass balls...that would be my ideal profile....I mean who would have guessed!!!!   ;D

OH, I see that job lead sent by LISE...has gotten 15 hits...I have also been informed that 3 other people have excellent interviews scheduled...I would say the numbers on the job board speak for themselves...OH and I am not viewing the jobs...You see, since they are sent to me...I know what they are!!!!

I am just kicking back watching the show!!!  Without me...you do not have a reason to b$*%(, moan, and whine....You are not my Battle...I am yours...Fine with me!!!  I do not lose any sleep at night over any of this!!!  You know like the song says "I made my bed and I sleep like a baby..."

I have to say my writing skills are really getting a work-out.  I have to thank you, that book I am writing...MILLIONS!!!!!

Now, now, calm down and don't blow a gasket.  They may have to call tech support to put you back together...and I might be off that day... :o

Love,

Alpha-Omega   ;)  SWEET!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:38:11 AM by Alpha-Omega »

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 06:30:45 AM »
That just OH DAMN 5 letter word...what is it...OH OH  Yes WOMAN!!!!!!  Damn that Woman...that, that, Alpha-Omega....

Sorry, I have been quietly lurking on this thread for a while, and take umbrage at this. I don't see any evidence from DrCMS's (or indeed anyone else's) posts that you're being discriminated against due to your gender. Can you post to specific examples where this is the case?

What I do think, however, is that in his post yesterday,
Is is possible for you to reply to anyone without having a hissy fit and using LOADS of CAPS and dozens of !!!!!! marks?
DrCMS was talking about tHe riVER of caPITAL lettErs and eXCESSIvE punctuTatIOn Littering youR posts (sic). I could be wrong, but that's just how I've read it.

As a compromise between the forum and your contacts, is it possible just to post in a single thread if you want to re-ignite interest in certain jobs, something along the lines of "Don't forget about roles A, B, D and G, which you can find information about at this, that and the other pages." ?

Imagine the chaos that would happen if everyone decided to *Ignore me, I am impatient* posts because no one had answered after a day or two - the advantage would soon be lost. I for one probably see jobpostings that have had replies as "this job is now filled", even if it's not the case, so move along.

S

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »
Right..ok Alpha-Omega this and Alpha Omega that..and so the saga continues…so what so I write in caps…I suppose no one else has ever done that RIGHT!!  But, I do not see they are categorized as having a hissy-fit…..….Oh and I just happen to be the only woman...and on the receiving end of all this SS....What a coincidence!!!!   :o

Can’t you find another cause…like gimme gimme gimme questions.  I have the freedom to use the style I like.  Just like you and everyone else do/does!!!!

I was just recopying and reposting the HOTT JOBS…until it was brought to my attention by the Grand Master of this site-TO *Ignore me, I am impatient* THEM…so I bumped them…I was THANKED for BUMPING THEM by those looking for them…now you are upset with the bumping…others are upset at the NOT bumping…I am just going to RE-POST THE HOTT JOBS…no big deal!!!

I mean make up your minds!!!!!!    ;D  I mean...talk about rivers....you are experts on rivers..   ;D

Imagine the chaos that would happen if everyone decided to *Ignore me, I am impatient* posts because no one had answered after a day or two - the advantage would soon be lost. I for one probably see job postings that have had replies as "this job is now filled", even if it's not the case, so move along.

So mark it filled...I do not get those notifications...and it is not my job to monitor all those posts and mark them filled...you want me to mark them...send me a PM!!!!  I do not have my preferences set to receive notifications FROM MANY SECTIONS!!!  Oops..caps...MY BAD!!!!!!   ;)

I mean…with all your timer on this site you have not figured out how to just blow by stuff you do NOT WANT TO LOOK AT…WOW I do it every day!!!!! CAPS…MY BAD!!!!

Find another TARGET!!!! I am done explaining why I do what I do.  When you answere for your actions then I will answer for mine.

Look Have a Nice Day...I am moving on...do whatever you want...I am closing the door on this....not worth my time!!!  ;D

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 10:39:51 AM »
Alpha-Omega let me make this very clear for you and anyone else.

I do NOT have a problem with you based on your gender, nationality, educational achievement, or religion. 

I do not like what you post about.
I do not like the way you layout your post with CAPS and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! marks everywhere.
I do not like the way you make personal attacks on anybody who criticises you.
I resent the accusation you threw at me that I was PM'ing others on the board about you.
I do not stab people in the back I do it in their front while telling them why.

So in summarry I find you and your posts very annoying that's what I have a problem with, nothing else comes in to it you are just annoying. 

Have a look at how many people have made comments in these threads about you and how many negative scooby's you have.  I'm not alone in finding you annoying and wishing you'd go away.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
I just noticed that there is the ability to have an ignore list. Is it for individual to ignore or can you also ignore a specific forum (i.e. Jobs or Humor)?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 09:26:50 PM »
I just noticed that there is the ability to have an ignore list. Is it for individual to ignore or can you also ignore a specific forum (i.e. Jobs or Humor)?

As I understood it, the ignore list is to block PM's from some people, not all their posts.  Mitch has casually mentioned that separating some sub-boards from the main board search would require serious re-coding, probably the dilemma for having the ignore function work for sub-boards or posters, as well.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Alpha-Omega

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »
AHHHHH  DrCMS:

Alpha-Omega let me make this very clear for you and anyone else.

I do NOT have a problem with you based on your gender, nationality, educational achievement, or religion. 
I do not like what you post about.

OK…and so what!!!..No one ever said it was a prereq to make sure everyone likes your posts to post on the forum.  You can please some of the people some of the time.  You can please all the people some of the time.  But you can never please all the people all of the time!!!! So how about saying these exact same words to every single person whose posts you do not like.  That would be fair and equitable!!!

I do not like the way you layout your post with CAPS and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! marks everywhere.

I have the right to express myself anyway I choose, just as you are doing here.  Caps no caps…italics…bold…that would be MY STYLE!!!!!  OK...I do not like your plain text and lame phraseology!!!!

I do not like the way you make personal attacks on anybody who criticises you.

HA HA HA…so one personal attack does not deserve another??  The logic lacks something!!!!!  Again, make sure you make these same statements to every single person on this forum who responds a a personal attack!!!!!

Criticism is fine…if it is constructive…your criticisms are personal attacks.  This is like some kind of NA NA NA NA NA…and I don’t play that….I beleive you have addressed tis to "Alpha-Omega."  That makes this personal!!!  ;D

Criticize away…because “whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks on to you.”  LMAO…..Look just find another target…Because mama don’t care!!!!!!  OOPS…Slang…MY BAD!!!!  Now, again, find another target!!!!  ;D

I resent the accusation you threw at me that I was PM'ing others on the board about you.

Please let me quote you:

“Am I in a blinding rage against you - No. 
Do I hate you - No of course not I've never met you.
Do your posts annoy me - Yes.

So I asked the question to see if I was alone in my irritation with you and your posts and it turns out I'm not the only one annoyed by your incessant posting of jobs & jokes.”

LINK:  http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=24176.0

Then why did you do it!!!!!!  ;D  And why on earth would you resent anything I say.  I mean if it comes from me it is simply trivial...CORRECT!!!!  :o  OH AND ANNOYING!!!!  ;D

I do not stab people in the back I do it in their front while telling them why.

OK...You Go For It…I am waiting!!!!!   ::)

So in summary I find you and your posts very annoying that's what I have a problem with, nothing else comes in to it you are just annoying.

Advice:  There are many many many annoying posts on a forum…IGNORE those that annoy you…I can do it…Are you up to the challenge?

Have a look at how many people have made comments in these threads about you and how many negative scooby's you have.  I'm not alone in finding you annoying and wishing you'd go away.

And then look at how many positives WOO HOO….OMG…I am just going to keel right over and die…because a small tiny...very small group of people do not like me/my posts/the way I express myself/the fonts I use....OH YEAH ALL THAT!!!!!…OH BOO HOO!!!   ::)  All of it from the same little group of small-minded individuals…OH OH OH…let me just shrivel up and die right here and now!!!!  I mean I will just never recover...will take years and years of therapy to get over this!!!!! ;D

Scooby snacks…could care less….If Scooby snacks are virtual toys….they have no basis in reality...LOL…..GGGGGEGEEEEZZZZEEE  OOPS….Caps Again…MY BAD!!!!!!  My Bad….Caps Again!!!!!!

However, I see by your statement you are keeping tabs on mine!!!!!…GOOD FOR YOU…that should keep you occupied for awhile!!!! I am so glad to hear that I am giving you are reason to breathe.  A real reason toget up every morning and write stuff like this!!!!!  I am a motivational force in your life...   ;D

OOPS...just have to add this...I would be remiss Iif i did not point to the fact that anyone can give/take at will...for any reason what-so-ever....HHHHMMM  including if one is annoyed...therefore, that invalidates their value as being EARNED for giving GOOD/CORRECT/HELPFUL assitance with CHEMISTRY!!!!!

OMG...WHAT SHALL I DO!!!!!  I am SCHOCKED and HORRIFIED...I mean my entire existence depends on how many scooby snacks I have given/taken per day....OH OH OH...How will I live on!!!!!!!!!   :o  ;D

Come on...are you for real!!!!!!!  8)  Do you really think I am losing sleep over scooby snacks!!!  NOT...HA HA HA HA...The PRINCLPLE behind giving or taking scooby snacks INVALIDATES their IMPORTANCE....any moderator with the tap of a key can takes as many as he...and I do mean HE!!!!!! Wants to take (no female moderators/admins on this forum)..100% SUBJECTIVE...no objectivity there!!!!!  As long as that condition exisits...it invalidates the orignally intended meaning...

"Power corrups and absolute power corrups absolutely"  LOL LOL LOL  :o  ;D

I even see now that one member requested to be made most negative....Let's see OH yeah...Ms. Paris Hilton...THE ORIGINAL (AHH CORECTION she has changed her handle-TASTE MY RAINBOW)....Now there is a woman with IT!!!!!  So she wanted -500 and I believe she exceeded her desired goal!!!!! HA HA  ;)  And the meaning behind those negative scooby snaks would be...WHAT!!!!!!!  :o

It is not my job to PLEASE or ANNOY you….your own tastes dictate what PLEASES or ANNOYS you…So Dr. DQ…take it down a notch…this is not a personal attack…Call it a draw…we are different…and it is those differences in life and in people that make the world go round….!!!!!  Kind of makes things, well, INTERESTING!!!!   ;D

In Summary:

Please find another cause…You really just do keep on and on….Let it Go….Let it R.I.P.!!!!  If you quit addressing posts  to/about me then you would be surprised at how fast I will disappear from your universe....you just keep reeling/pulling me right into it. ;D

Strive for this:  "The serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; the courage to change that which can be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other..."  In Other Words:  LET IT GO!!!!!!!!   ;)

Love,

Alpha-Omega

XXXOOOXXXOOO 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:49:42 AM by Alpha-Omega »

Sponsored Links