April 23, 2024, 02:23:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Please *delete me*!!!!  (Read 4577 times)

Offline ALQassem

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Please *delete me*!!!!
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:44:27 PM »
I really need some one to help me with my project which is ( Removal of copper from solutions by adsorption using sawdust)
my question is this :
iam using the iodometric titration in my experiments - and it is the only way available by the way - , and there no one here how seem sure about anything he say....i really spent black hours in the lap. but the calculations and the results are awful!!!  so i relly need some one to tell me every thing from the start to the end and please please please please with detailed calculation like :
- i want to make a 0.001N sodium thiosulphate...   HOW??
- i want the equation for determining the concentration of  Copper before the titration and after the titration.
- determination of the end point...  when do i stop???
- do i need the starch as indicator ???
- i want to determine the isotherm....   how???\

please please please help ,  i am really desperate here...!!!!

P.S.   i am using copper sulphate solutions

thanks .

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Please *delete me*!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »
For the very basics, you can start with a Google search, I've found one PDF, and it's attached, and one PowerPoint slideshow, linked here:

http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/bitstream/2445/1601/4/Fact%20File%201%20Presentation.ppt

- i want to make a 0.001N sodium thiosulphate...   HOW??

You'll have to buy it premade, or the dry salt, and mix it yourself.   If the budget of your experiment allows it, I'd suggest buying the NIST standardized titration agent, or you can make it and standardize it yourself.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links