April 19, 2024, 04:19:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: phenylosazone d-glucose  (Read 17581 times)

Offline alhemicar

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
phenylosazone d-glucose
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
I need some help. :(

If you have some links about phenylosazone D-glucose, everything you can found about this chemical compound... Structure, Synthesis, Reactions, pictures, Side effects, .

Thank you!!!

::)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: phenylosazone d-glucose
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:25 AM »
Well, you can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osazone for the general concepts surrounding the topic you've started.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
Thanks, but I need more details...

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 02:44:27 PM »
Glad to help ...

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 04:43:02 AM »
Search JACS
under name glucose phenyosazone
or internet under name
glucosazone
Original work of Fisher comes from XIX century
AWK

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 05:05:42 AM »
I can't find enything :'(

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:48:11 AM »
E. Fischer, Ber., 17, 579 (1884); 20, 821 (1887).

Structure of D-Glucose Phenylosazone
László Mester
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1955; 77(16); 4301-4305.

The Action of Periodic Acid on Glucose Phenylosazone
Erwin Chargaff, Boris Magasanik
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1947; 69(6); 1459-1461.

Additions and Corrections - The Action of Periodic Acid on Glucose Phenylosazone
Erwin Chargaff, Boris Magasanik
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1947; 69(12); 3157-3157.

The Homogeneity of the Phenylosazone Prepared from D-Fructose
W. W. Binkley, M. L. Wolfrom
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1948; 70(10); 3507-3508.

Osazone Formation from Mixtures of Glucose and Fructose1
James Ashmore, Albert E. Renold
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1954; 76(23); 6189-6191.

The Structure of Sugar Osazones1
L. Mester, E. Moczar, J. Parello
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1965; 87(3); 596-599.

The Action of Acetic Anhydride on Osazones and Hydrazones
H. El Khadem, Z. M. El-Shafei, M. M. Mohammed-Ali
J. Org. Chem.; 1964; 29(6); 1565-1567.

The Absence of an Amadori Rearrangement in Glucosazone Formation1
Felix Friedberg, Louis Kaplan
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1957; 79(10); 2600-2601.

The Constitution of Osazones1
Lewis L. Engel
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1935; 57(12); 2419-2423.

A New Interpretation of the Mutarotation of Sugar Osazones
László Mester, Adam Major
J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 1957; 79(12); 3232-3234.
AWK

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »
THANK you!  :D

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »
I still have huge problem! I can't open anything  :'(

I need everything about this Chemical compound... :-\

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 08:52:07 PM »
Ball's in your court AWK ...   :-X

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 06:47:12 AM »
 :'(

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 09:21:02 AM »
I'm sorry alhemicar:, really I am, as you seem to be taking this hard.  I'm not a moderator, just a user with way too much time on his hands to browse the internet, so I make it a personal point of never mentioning the Forum Rules, that's a job for someone who is a moderator, IMHO.  However, I'll make an exception, just for you:

1).  We don't give answers away.  Not to high school kids, not to struggling college kids, not to people with Masters degrees who don't know how to compute molarity, nor to inventors in basement labs, striving to put the Big Companies out of business with their latest Mason-jar concoction.  We prod, we give hints, we try to bring out the answer from the original poster, you can see it all in the Forum Rules, others copy-n-paste the direct quote.  Me, I prefer to be more subtle -- and I take daily Scooby Snack spankings from the "gimmie gimmie" crowd because of it.  Perhaps you now see my posts to you in a different light.

2).  We don't steal information -- from authors, journals, and libraries.  Yes, the internet is a wonderful place for the free exchange of ideas, but they have to be our own.  AWK: gave you journal references, you can now take them to a library, and look them up, or request them on interlibrary loans.  Yes, sometimes we might share an online document (I just got one myself today WOOT,) but you're not going to get a whole stack free -- doing that just once could get Mitch's whole board shut down, I've seen people put the most harmless stuff online, say pictures of the US Enterprise, and have fanboys pretend they're Paramount, and claim to be suing, and the internet server closes the board, without any verification, or appeal.

If you have some links about phenylosazone D-glucose, everything you can found about this chemical compound... Structure, Synthesis, Reactions, pictures, Side effects, .

There are a number of references available to you at a university library for researching these topics.  If you believe you should have this information, then you likely could find it.  I've said it before --"IF not B, THEN, not A"

Let me just vent, a bit, not just to you, but to anyone who'll trouble themselves to read it.  It's just a general point of view of mine, and mine alone. Here's some stuff, I just don't want to hear, I just tune it and the author out:

"I am wanting of this infos please because I am of having student and ..."
Me:  I don't care, each student has their own abilities, and resources.  Like I said before, the research skills you have, equal the results you can achieve, and the grade you can get."

"I am from country in war/dominated by conflict/under control of another nation and have no access ..."
Me:  Then leave.  Einstein did, and took the fight elsewhere.  Marie Curie did, and accomplished more for her lost homeland than a generation of generals before or after her did. (Borek: you know I put that in just for you, right?)

"My county is poor and I has no acces"
Me: Bullshiat.  Every country had a capital, and every capital has a university.  There are people of learning, congregated, who will gladly share knowledge with anyone who shows up.  What little resources they have, they would be glad to share with anyone intelligent who walks in, to advance their culture.  If you can't survive the gunfire to get there, see my point above.

"I'm real interst in chistry, but my teecher is such a dumkpof, and they don't like me 'cause I'm a {minority group}, and they don't want to help anyione. And why won't you helpme plz, ether anyway"
Me:  Look, we all had a tough time in classes.  But it's not your teacher, really.  It's you.  Trust me.  Everyone of my shortcomings, is mine, because of me and me alone.  I honestly have no interest in helping someone with that attitude.  The sooner they die, hungry, the better off the gene pool is.  Really.  I won't sugarcoat or hide my point of view here any longer.  If I was more diligent, harder working, and yes, brighter, I'd have a Ph.D, a cushy high paying job, and there'd be a formula or constant bearing my name when I was dead.  Not B, because, not A.

I don't see why I have to learn all this maths I wont do this calculations anyways
Me:  You're lucky technology doesn't exist yet to punch people over TCP/IP.  When I was learning to calculate dilutions, as a 13 year old in high school, a giant ox of a nun gave a fire and brimstone speech, about a nurse who screwed up a method for infant formula prep so badly, she ended up emptying the nursery.  That's right, 20-50 infants, here one day, gone the next, a row of tiny headstones with tiny bronzed booties on top in their place.  You don't want to learn, fine.  But get out, way out.  No one deserves a good paying job, who doesn't feel like working, just because they were born.  It only gets tougher, and more important, every day.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:02:13 AM by Arkcon »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 10:31:55 AM »
It is getting off topic, but - while I agree in most parts - I find some of your comments disturbing.

"I am from country in war/dominated by conflict/under control of another nation and have no access ..."
Me:  Then leave.  Einstein did, and took the fight elsewhere.  Marie Curie did, and accomplished more for her lost homeland than a generation of generals before or after her did. (Borek: you know I put that in just for you, right?)

"My county is poor and I has no acces"
Me: Bullshiat.  Every country had a capital, and every capital has a university.  There are people of learning, congregated, who will gladly share knowledge with anyone who shows up.  What little resources they have, they would be glad to share with anyone intelligent who walks in, to advance their culture.  If you can't survive the gunfire to get there, see my point above.

Being from the country less rich and less fortunate than US - I find your remarks unjust. I am not taking that personally, but IMHO you are simply wrong. I feel obliged to stay in Poland - I was born and raised here, I have family and relatives and friends - it would be dishonest to run away. "Then leave" doesn't sound as a good approach.

Access to the literature - me: bulls&$#. Many US universities are forced to cancel their subscriptions because they find cost prohibitively high; I am reading discussion group where this problem is discussed now and then. If it is happening in US imagine that library in the best university in the capital of 3rd world country has budget many times smaller and they have access to very tiny part of the papers you take for granted.

I am not proposing to share every paper with everyone who asks for these, or who claims he needs help, but knowing things from other side - I can't blame them.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »
I got a little heavy in each point of mine.  Surely, we can share some information in this forum.  I just went to my old junior college, they have a new facility for years now, and it doesn't have any new scientific journals, in the general, free to all, library.  It may even have fewer, than when I attended.  But other, bigger colleges, which are a short drive away, do allow anyone access (not borrowing,) of major journals.  I would often do just that, just for fun.  But yeah, unemployed as I am, with current gasoline prices, yeah, I'm not up on it.  So I can relate. 

But still, if you really care, you can make a serious sacrifice, but, IF not B, THEN not A.  And yes, I do realize, digesting the span of human motivations and abilities into a BINARY programing lingo is trite and unfair.  But really, in the face of "gimmie gimmie" posts, how else can I summarize my frustration, except with what is an, admittedly, overgeneralization.  I got more and more, "fire an brimstone" myself, as that rant wore on, but hey, I told you, that's how I was educated.  Sometimes, you need a harsh kick in the seat.  You won't believe the points of view that I kept to myself.  :o
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:11:42 AM by Arkcon »

Offline alhemicar

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
I don't know what are you talking about???

I did not wrote anything from your post!

I just needed a help, because I can't find literature, sorry cause I asked!

O yeah, I'm not from USA, maybe I don't go on some american college, maybe I don't know english perfect, but when we talk about chemistry I now enough for my age (21)

thanks for nothing!!!

and goodbye

Sponsored Links