April 16, 2024, 06:07:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: phenylosazone d-glucose  (Read 17576 times)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: phenylosazone d-glucose
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
I did not wrote anything from your post!

Yep. Arkcon just emptied his output. It has (mostly) nothing to do with you.

I just needed a help, because I can't find literature, sorry cause I asked!

Well, you were listed many papers so you have received help. Problem is, we can't send you these papers, as it will be against law.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
I did not wrote anything from your post!

Yep. Arkcon just emptied his output. It has (mostly) nothing to do with you.

Borek: is absolutely right, I don't mean what I said specifically to you.

I just needed a help, because I can't find literature, sorry cause I asked!

Well, you were listed many papers so you have received help. Problem is, we can't send you these papers, as it will be against law.

Well, this is also true.  Did you not know this?  When I sent you to Wikipedia, for general concepts, did you think I was missing your point?  I wanted some more specifics, about what you knew, and what you needed.

What do you think of AWK:'s contribution?  In my day, we used to have to browse the indexes, in a big orange book, to find out which journals, then go through the journals.  Although, computer databases, on CD-ROM searchable by keyword, and printed out on dot matrix did arrive towards the end of my time at university.  What he went and got for you, was, in fact a magnificent time saver.  But you just want hotlinks?  To internet papers?

I need some help. :(

If you have some links about phenylosazone D-glucose, everything you can found about this chemical compound... Structure, Synthesis, Reactions, pictures, Side effects, .

Thank you!!!

::)

We've got smileys galore, but no sign at all of work.  Do you even know what this is?  You're not going to synthesize a pharmaceutical, and self-medicate are you?  You just want everything: structure, synthesis, reactions pictures side effects, just done?  We gave you hints, and all we get are, "Not good enough"?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 04:03:05 AM »
Before I gave references, I searched internet. Frankly saing this subject in internet is completely neglected, even in Wikipedia. Good organic textbook gives more information on phenyosazones than can be find freely on internet.
My links was selected to the most popular journals over the world. I think even a poor country have at list one substcription to this journals
(eg. the bigest university in the country, library of Academy of Sciences).
AWK

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 08:27:38 AM »
Before I gave references, I searched internet. Frankly saing this subject in internet is completely neglected, even in Wikipedia. Good organic textbook gives more information on phenyosazones than can be find freely on internet.

Me too.  I was curious about the application myself.  So I Googled "phenylosazone d-glucose", and didn't find anything.   Then I tried "phenylosazone" without much success either.  Only when I broke the name down, and tried "osazone" did I get the Wikipedia link I quoted.  I found enough in the Wikipedia entry to learn what the compound meant - it's a chemical derivitive used to determine chirality, back in the 1800's, highly colored, perhaps useful, as pre-derivitization reagents for carbohydrate chromatography. 

My links was selected to the most popular journals over the world. I think even a poor country have at list one substcription to this journals
(eg. the bigest university in the country, library of Academy of Sciences).

Yeah, I though I said that, perhaps not as politely as I should have.

I need some help. :(

If you have some links about phenylosazone D-glucose, everything you can found about this chemical compound... Structure, Synthesis, Reactions, pictures, Side effects, .

Thank you!!!

::)

AWK: You've neglected almost all of these topics, let's go, let's go, the paper's deadline gets ever closer, c'mon, the side effects are needed right away, even 'though this is probably not a therapeutic.  And take some pictures of the chemical in a tube and post them.  Structure and synthesis are in my link, but that's not at all adequate --

Thanks, but I need more details...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:00:53 PM by Arkcon »

Offline vodov

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »
Zdravo!
PMF? Jesi našao nešto?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
Žalostan, but you'll have to check the library.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:16 AM »

AWK: You've neglected almost all of these topics, let's go, let's go, the paper's deadline gets ever closer, c'mon, the side effects are needed right away, even 'though this is probably not a therapeutic.  And take some pictures of the chemical in a tube and post them.  Structure and synthesis are in my link, but that's not at all adequate --

I think all this problem are showed in my previous links.
But I am adding a few more below

Osazones are not specially exciting compounds except their using by Fisher for correlation of hexoses structures. Moreover they can be oxidized to 1,2,3-oxotriazoles (osotriazoles, osones) using various oxidizers

The mechanism of saccharide osotriazole formation
Hassan S. El Khadem
Carbohydrate Research
313(3-4), 255-257 (1998)

Mechanism of Osazone Formation
VINCENT C. BARRY & P. W. D. MITCHELL
Nature 175, 220 (1955) - free abstract ans scheme

Oxidation of carbohydrate osotriazole with cerium (IV)
Rao, S. P.; Gaur, J. N.; Sharma, S. K.
Die Naturwissenschaften, 48(4), 98 (1961)

631. The scope and mechanism of carbohydrate osotriazole formation. Part II. The action of oxidising agents on osazones and osotriazoles
H. El Khadem and Zaki M. El-Shafe
J. Chem. Soc., 1958, 3117 - 3119

http://www.chemistry.ccsu.edu/glagovich/teaching/316/qualanal/tests/osazone.html

http://www.usm.maine.edu/~newton/Chy251_253/Lectures/CarbohydratesII/CarbohydratesII.html
AWK

Sponsored Links